addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Windows Phone App Developer Group - DFW North Texas Message Board Nokia Outreach › So who wants to win some really nice Nokia prizes? or CASH?

So who wants to win some really nice Nokia prizes? or CASH? Deadline now 11 January 2013

Randall "texrat" A...
texrat
Keller, TX
Greetings again all,

NOTE: this contest has been updated again! Please read carefully.

In an earlier email I asked you to update me on your app projects (thanks again for helping). I'd like to take that a bit further, and give you a chance to win something you might find useful.

And given how severe illness took me largely out of action for a week, and there have been DVLUP issues, I'm going to extend the end date (again) to January 11, 2013. I'm also adding CASH prizes!

I have a couple of very nice Wenger Legacy (model WA-7329-14) business backpacks. These can be seen on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/SwissGear-WA-7329-14F00-Carrying-Backpack-Notebook-Black/dp/B002ISZEM6­, but ours have been customized with a bright blue DVLUP patch. To sweeten the deal, I'm adding a cushioned DVLUP coffee cup to each backpack! (and even more now)

I've also got more of the DVLUP coffee cups, along with a fresh batch of black Lumia 800s. And I'm now adding Prepaid Debit cards!

I'm ready to give these out to the most enterprising community members, and here's what I'll give out and how (note that new means on or after November 1, 2012):

• Coffee cups: 1 of 10 custom DVLUP-branded, cushioned travel coffee cups to each already-published member who successfully publishes one new Windows Phone app into the marketplace via DVLUP. Just let me know when it hits! Maximum 1 per member.
  • $20 Prepaid Debit card: Every member who successfully publishes their first for-pay or ad-enabled app to Windows Marketplace
  • $40 Prepaid Debit card: Every member who successfully publishes their first for-free app to Windows Marketplace
  • Backpack: First person to successfully publish 3 new Windows Phone apps to the marketplace via DVLUP.com
  • Backpack: First person to bring in 5 new DFW WP members. Each new member must register at DVLUP.com to qualify (if codes are needed, I will provide ASAP!).
  • Lumia 800: First person to successfully publish 5 new Windows Phone apps to the marketplace via DVLUP.com
  • Lumia 800: First person to bring in 10 new DFW WP members (same DVLUP criteria as for backpack)

These prizes will be awarded to separate participants*, so in the case that one person meets more than one award criteria at the same time, the first winner will get the highest value prize and additional prize(s) will be awarded to the next qualifying participant(s).

Participants are responsible for verifying all qualifications.

So get cranking! This contest now concludes at midnight CST on January 11 2013.

Best regards,

Randy

*Note: small prize winners may still qualify for the bigger prizes.
Randall "texrat" A...
texrat
Keller, TX
Post #: 111
So far for winners I have:

$40 gift cards

• Graham Smith
  • Sean Sparkman
  • Sharon Copeland

Backpack (3 apps)

• Peyton Casper

Did I miss anyone? I think I may have overlooked some travel cup recipients. Please comment!

I will get your prizes to you ASAP. If you would like them mailed, please email me.

Thanks all! New contests coming (but with less spam).