May 17, 5:15pm
We're going for it tonight. It doesn't look like it will rain (much).
Roadraves are street skates organized by National Skate Patrol. They happen every 1st and 3rd Friday during Summer.
Route: 10 to 12 Miles through the city. Every skate has a different theme that will be announced shortly prior to the event.
What to bring:
- A helmet (Skate Patrol absolutely requires them). Wrist guards and other pads are also recommended.
- Water (there will be none on the route).
- Blinky lights if you have them.
Required skill level:
- Know how to brake
- Comfortable skating in traffic (we skate on the streets)
- Able to step over curbs, railroad tracks, etc.
- Comfortable on hills
- Again this is organized by Skate Patrol and not by this meetup group. We will stay together as a group and don't run red lights etc.
- You skate at your own risk. Skaters will have to sign a Waiver to attend.
- Don't worry if you are not a fast skater. Speed will be determined by the slowest.
We end at All-Stars Sports Bar - 205 W. Wacker. (Wacker & Wells)
Check the Chicago NSP site for last minute updates and more information. Raves are usually canceled by 3pm day of if bad weather is expected.