Wine Country WordPress Meetup Message Board › WP themes free or premium

WP themes free or premium

Erin
Nire10
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
Hi,

First time setting up a .org site for my acupuncturist and looking for a theme. Free or reasonably priced. There are so many companies out there, where do I start? I have scanned through sites but so many seem to be designed in the magazine format for a lot of content and while she wants to have a blog she is not going to be publishing multiple times a day.

Companies to recommend?

Thanks!
Erin
Bill D.
user 12954369
Livermore, CA
Post #: 40
You cannot go wrong with a theme built on Genesis by StudioPress. They are pretty easy to use and offer excellent SEO capabilities right out of the gate.

Hi,

First time setting up a .org site for my acupuncturist and looking for a theme. Free or reasonably priced. There are so many companies out there, where do I start? I have scanned through sites but so many seem to be designed in the magazine format for a lot of content and while she wants to have a blog she is not going to be publishing multiple times a day.

Companies to recommend?

Thanks!
Erin

Sallie G.
SallieGoetsch
Oakley, CA
Post #: 55
Bill is right that StudioPress is a great source for premium themes. I'd also recommend Elegant Themes. I find Woo Themes irksome, but some people love them, and they are a reliable company.

With free themes, you are best off with something from the theme repository at WordPress.org. Those are checked for malware and other problems before they are accepted. Other themes you find online may have problems, sometimes very severe ones.