Come ‘Wine Down’ on Wednesday, September 11 from 6pm-7:30pm with speakers Mary Tomlinson and a special group of entrepreneurs from the country of BELARUS! Our location for this special ‘Wine Down Wednesday’ will be at West End Wine Bar which is located in downtown DURHAM!
* Our CHARITY SPONSOR for the evening is North East Wake Backpack Buddies, a 501(c) non-profit, run entirely by volunteers. Their program provides food every weekend for children who are hungry. There are almost 200 kids in our program, and we serve 8 local schools in Wake Forest and Rolesville (Heritage Elementary, Heritage Middle, Jones Dairy Elementary, Richland Creek Elementary, Rolesville Elementary, Rolesville Middle, Sanford Creek Elementary and Wake Forest/Rolesville Middle). Come learn more about them at 'Wine Down Wednesday!'
* Speaker #1: Mary Tomlinson
* Presentation Title: “The Magic Behind Disney Customer Service!"
* Presentation Description: When you think of Disney, you think of exceptional customer service. How do they do it? Come get the inside story from a former Disney executive - and find out how to improve your customer service and loyalty!
* About Mary Tomlinson: Prior to owning her own business, Mary spent nearly 25 years in the hospitality industry and then began an 18-year career with the Walt Disney Company where she was an executive in marketing and a general manager coaching teams of 8-800. Positions she served at Disney include Marketing Brand Director, Business Director of Disney's internal advertising agency and Director of the former Disney Institute. Since 2001, she has been President of On-Purpose Partners, LLC, a coaching, facilitation, and consulting firm. She is also the published co-author of multiple business articles in the publications of Meetings & Conventions, Training Magazine, Successful Meetings, HR Innovator, and Inspired Women Magazine.com.
* Speakers #2: An Int’l Group of Entrepreneurs from BELARUS!
* About this group from Belarus: These business entrepreneurs are traveling throughout the United States gaining experience about entrepreneurship in America and sharing how business development functions in the country of Belarus. This initiative, called the ‘Community Connections Program’ is a program of USAID through World Learning and is designed to promote public diplomacy through the exchange of cultural ideas and values between participants. Their presentation will highlight best practices of business in Belarus and what they have learned about entrepreneurship in the United States!
Come ‘Wine Down’ on Wednesday, September 11 @ West End Wine Bar in downtown Durham!