South Palm Beach-Ft. Lauderdale Area
Welcome to Wine and Dine With Our K-9's
~ *~*~* ~*~VERY IMPORTANT~*~*~*~*~
****PLEASE READ THIS IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE YOU ATTEND OUR EVENTS !!!****
Welcome to Wine and Dine With Our K-9's, our wonderful pack of people and pups!
We enjoy many fun events at various restaurants who welcome our well behaved canine companions to their establishments. In order to keep the proprietors of these restaurants happy so that we may continue to enjoy their hospitality we ask that you adhere to the following basic guidelines to make everyone's dining experience a positive one:
1) Please refrain from letting your dog eat off of the table or from any utensils or dinnerware. Also, if you must excuse yourself during dinner, ask another group member to hold onto your dog/leash rather than taking the dog with you.
2) Please, if the size of your dog permits, carry your dog to and from the dinner table so as to avoid your dog having an "accident" en route to the table, in the dining area or on restaurant property. If you leave the table to walk your dog, please carry your dog to the appropriate place for him or her to do their "business" far away from the dining area and restaurant property and carry your dog all the way back to the table when he or she is done.
3) Please use a belly band if you have a male dog who might lift his leg at the table or on restaurant property.
4) Please keep your dog on your lap if you feel that an "accident" may occur at the dinner table.
5) Please proactively do your best to immediately quiet your dog if barking occurs so as not to cause or continue a chain of barking as sometimes occurs with a group of dogs. If you can't immediately quiet your dog, please remove your dog from the dining area until they are quiet. Allowing your dog to return to the table when they stop barking is positive reinforcement of good restaurant "petiquitte" and they will learn to be quiet while dining out.
6) Please keep your dog either on your lap or on a non-retractable leash close to you while at the dinner table. Retractable leashes are not permitted at the table. Please do not allow your dog to wander about unleashed. Wine and Dine with our K-9s also has a strict policy against the use of choke collars, shock collars, or prong collars. IF YOU ATTEND ONE OF THE MEETUPS AND YOUR DOG IS WEARING ANY OF THESE DEVICES, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
7) Please RSVP only if you are definitely attending. A place is being set for you at the table and we can't have empty seats! Restaurant management often go out of their way to accommodate us and we must give an accurate head count. Restaurants that are gracious enough to host us can lose revenue due to "no-shows" and this reflects poorly on our group. If something comes up and you can't attend a meetup you have RSVP'd for please change your RSVP or email the organizer ASAP.
8) For the safety of all Wine and Dine members, both the two- and four-legged variety, children under the age of 18 are not allowed to attend our Meet-ups.
9) Please note that Wine and Dine with our K-9s is a social group for those of us who love our dogs and want to share similar interests and ideas. IT IS NOT A PLACE FOR BUSINESS NETWORKING OR SOLICITATION. If you attend one of our meetups and market or solicit our members, you will be asked to leave.
10) If you find that you must leave the meetup before the rest of the group, please get eith the waiter or waitress to settle your bill before you leave. Do not rely on another member to do this for you - it creates complications for therestaurant, the serve, and for the other members.
NOTE: It is not necessary to RSVP "Not Going" to events you do not plan to attend unless you previously RSVP'd "Going" and then have a change of plans.
It is critical to the existence of our group that the above guidelines are followed!
This is "your" group and we always welcome your ideas and input with the goal of continuing to make Wine And Dine With Our K-9's a huge success.
We invite you to attend one of our meetups before joining to see if our group is a "good fit" for you and your pup. If you decide you want to continue to attend our events, we ask for an annual membership fee of $20 per household to offset the cost of maintaining our web site and for planned group insurance. This one time annual fee effectively eliminates the need to charge a fee for each meetup.
Your dogs are counting on you to show them how to be good dinner guests so that we may continue to enjoy our special times together with all of our Wine and Dine With Our K-9 friends! So, check out all of our upcoming meetups on our calendar, pick one and RSVP now! Many new friends are looking forward to meeting you!