add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

WineTech Message Board meetup-group-qgPkJrTg Discussion Forum › February 19 Pitch sessions

February 19 Pitch sessions

Roger R.
user 10261861
Group Organizer
Palo Alto, CA
Post #: 10
Here is a message from Mike Tallent, There might still be room for more brain storming and more pitches, it depends on how it goes. I need the following help.
1. Volunteers to be VOCAL and ask questions, be proactive at the meeting and not
just stay seated. People that I can ask (you take over now) or You ask questions.
2. Alternates to Pitch we have 4 at least -- maybe 6, but some will be very short, and some might be quite long, so I need alternates.
3. Somebody to check out MINGS and tell me what is available there. What room we will be in. What the computer or Conferencing capabilities are (if any) Are there whiteboards, are we all in chairs, are we all seated at a big table, are there Mic's
Please understand that there will be NO, and I repeat NO formal announcements from Random people about things they want to sell, tell us about, etc. I will stop you if you try. This is not a Sales meeting where your trying to sell us stuff. We are interested in learning and growing startups and ideas. THATS The main focus. Don't try to sell us Insurance, don't pitch your own group, etc. Please just respect the purpose of this group.
4. Be patient with the group. I am not an expert at this. There will be moments of silence. There will be WHAT Do we do now.. etc etc.
5. I need somebody to take accurate NOTES and make them available for others. What happened, who talked, what URL's did they tell us about. What is their name.
6. Somebody to organize a sign up sheet. And make sure everybody puts down important information for the groups reasons. I suggest email addresses only for now, not cell numbers. Why your hear (to find a job at a startup) is an example. To grow my startup. to explore my idea.
7. I need at least 1 assistant or helper. Somebody I can give small tasks to.
8. And lastly -- IF you are pitching. YOu MUST and I repeat MUST -- post something on the facebook page to give people a JUMP start on finding out about your startup or idea. If your shy and don't want to -- at least say something like (I'm pitching this, or talking about this ) If you don't I'll let you slide, but in the future I hope to have tools and software to help us all.
9. This startup group is not just about SOFTWARE. Its about All sorts of things that can be startups. Engineering (hardware) and software. Inventions that need funding. SORRY if I didn't include that in my original info.