“ It was awesome and my sister enjoyed herself which was my goal and perhaps next year I can participate in being a non food vendor. ”
— Cynthia R. on Jul 14, 2015.
“ A Blessing. ”
— Terance on Jul 13, 2015.
“ My attendance and dues are not up to date ”
— Christine on Oct 5, 2013.
“ Fantastic! ”
— Johnnycakes on Oct 1, 2013.
“ Had a wonderful time. ”
— wanda on Sep 30, 2013.
“ Great group of people ”
— Starr R. on Jul 1, 2013.
“ I don't really know much about them. This is the first of their events that I have attended. ”
— Lee on Jun 30, 2013.
Help support your MeetupChip in
This meetup was created for all who are interested in finding local groups, covens, temples etc. to celebrate, maybe become members of and attend events provided the myriad of pagans in the TriState Area.
So how did all this come about? As the organizer of some of the many pagan events in New York City, we know how difficult it can be to organize and run your many events. We will be the first to say that organizing a group, coven, Temple etc. is never easy. We began with 5 people to… I would say we have had as many as 300 at some of our events in the NYC area and still growing.
There are so many fun and informative events in the New York in general to attend and most do not know of them. We hope that this can become the forum for all pagan groups, covens, temples to get support for all their many events. Show them and us that we appreciate all their many efforts to provide a community for us to reach and celebrate with. Think of the effort, monies, wisdom, strength of will and many man and woman hours put into presenting you with these events because it is their passion. All of which without your support with attendance will eventually cease to exist.
Some Events are Pagan, Medieval, Renaissance etc. oriented and some are just plain old fun. To name a few: (do hope they do not mind )
The Witches Masquerade Ball
The Medieval Festival
The Annual NYC Witches Masquerade Bal
NY Pagan Expo
Long Island Beltaine
Pagan Pride Project
The Annual Beltane in Central Park
Beltaine: A Pagan Oydssey
Comic Con (oh yeah it’s fun)
OOOH MY, CAN WE ATTEND THEM ALL PLEASE!
We hope with this site that we can create this as one of the best resources for Pagans in general. As New Yorkers we like to find out about pagan events in the TriState area, National or International to attend.
We are a group of witches here to share many common interests and work together effectively towards a common goal. This group can be structured in whatever way its leaders and members choose.
To be a support, consciousness-raising, and religious and non-religious group or congregation all rolled into one...At the same time, it becomes an entity in itself, with a personality of its own.
We will always be welcoming, friendly, and inviting to all Wiccans, Witches, Druids etc. and other Neopagans.
As of the present time we do not have what you would call a permanent place but we are definitely striving towards that, as are many of us that have formed a group, coven or community of their own. By taking this first step, in trying to establish that goal.
Like any spell or prayer, you do the spell but you must also put in the work to achieve and make that spell come to fruition, hence WitchsFest USA.
We have also created www.witchsfestusa.org where all pagan groups, covens, temples etc can have their events exposed to the pagan community at large for free: Sabbats, Esbats, Fund Raisers, Charities, (events only no classes) for the general support of the pagan community. We only ask that in exchange we help promote one another, not compete, but rather assist each others groups/covens/temples in fostering the many amazing pagan communities around us.
With the forming of this viable community, each one of us has chosen to make this dream a functional reality. To do this, we pledge ourselves to these goals. We know our path is not an easy one, but we will gain what we invest.
Try? There is no try. There is only Do or do not! --Yoda
For this reason we would like to build WitchsFest USA into becoming one of the 'big festivals’ as one of our Fund Raisers that everyone looks forward to going to every year. One where they can have fun, improve the perception of the general public and in the interim we can also raise funds for our ‘Building/Space Fund’. Real Estate in New York City being VERY expensive so it may take us some time and great effort, but with all of our intents we will make it manifest. YOU WILL BECOME OUR SUPPORT GROUP as we all strive to achieve a common goal and make great things together.
· Creating a Family Friendly Pagan & Non-Pagan Friendly Environment
· Creating A Better Community – We have brought the community together since 2005, for many different events. Our years of teaching since 1995 has been a learning experience for us while developing our working partnership and learning how to deal with a largely diverse and often transitional group of newcomers to the Craft.
. Celebrating with this community - all the Sabbats, from Ostara to Yule and even forming our own Annual NYC Witches Masquerade Balls which began in 2005.
· Working diligently with a great group of amazing people in the forming of The Wiccan Family Temple begiinning in 2005. Followed by The WFT Academy of Pagan Studies in 2007. Forming also, The NYC Pagan Council, to bring awareness to all Pagans of the many injustices and crossing of our civil rights. Despite us almost giving up on some of the many ideas we've had, we have persevered thus far.
· As such, we would like to have many Groups/Covens/Temples be involved in this in one form or another.
· Networking and Bringing together a diverse number of people of varied Pagan Religions and Traditions coming together and networking with each other, forming a common bond and doing great things together.
· Reclaiming or just plain Claiming the right to Ownership of our Religion & our Temple such as it is – As Witches we will create positive changes, among ourselves and in the world around us.
· Open to solitaries, groups and covens, celebrating and experiencing the pagan holidays together.
· Creating opportunities for everyone on many levels by opening the space for all of our community as a place they will feel welcomed at all times to house many events, workshops or classes.
· Setting an example in the community at large – Especially the publics perception.
· Recognition and Our Reputation – We are a small temple in the New York City area, with a handful of committed individuals but we do have a place in the hearts of many. And thus we have a responsibility to the community at large and have earned our place within it.
· Fun – The key ingredient in this plus the freedom to just be who we are among our own.
Dedication to each other and to those who will join us in the future. Commitment is the most vital factor to our success. We are each other's guides and teachers. We would all do well to encourage and emulate those qualities we admire and experience in ourselves and each other.
Work together. Ours is a path of action. To repeat an old phrase, either you cut bait, fish, or mend the nets, lines and boats, but everyone contributes to the best of their abilities.
Building and maintaining community. Community is best maintained when everyone in it knowingly participates in its process. As Alexander Hamilton said to Aaron Burr "My country, sir, right or wrong. When it is right, keep it that way; when it is wrong, correct it."
Seek to influence events to bring liberty, love and enlightenment. By liberty, we recognize that we are free to do what we want for good or ill, and thus we strive to fearlessly accept the consequences of our actions.
So please do join us in this ground breaking quest to finally have a physical space that is a Pagan Temple in NYC, an actual Temple. OH YEAH!
So Mote It Be! www.witchsfestusa.org.
A fun time at Astor Place at Broadway & Lafayette Streets. Authors, etc
A most spellbinging place to visit, for all your ritual needs.
A haven for all wishing to attend open Esbats & Sabbats in the NYC area.
The First Witch School in New York City
The pagan book resources for you built by New Moon for us by us.