addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

"With an Open Mind" Discussion Group Message Board › “Will Our Kids Be A Different Species?”

“Will Our Kids Be A Different Species?”

Vernon
VernonC
Group Organizer
Colorado Springs, CO
I've seldom, if ever, strongly advocated that anyone attend a particular session, satisfied that people will attend those sessions that are of particular interest to them and skip those that are not.  But I'm going to make an exception for the upcoming session.  The brief description I've posted on the web site doesn't give the topic its full due.  I honestly believe you'll find the video we'll be watching at the beginning of the discussion to be an exceptionally fascinating presentation and a great introduction to one of the more significant topics we've discussed in quite some time.  Having begun my preparation for the meeting, I also think you'll find the discussion a lot of fun.  And that's why I'm sending this email ...  to strongly encourage you to arrange to participate.

Vernon
Joseph M.
JackMitchener
Pioneer, CA
Post #: 1
Have been reading Ray Kurzweil's "The Singularity is Near". Is this "new species" you refer to . . . a cyborg (as Kurzweil predicts will precede the full "non biologic" AIs that will be Nietzsche's "Superman")?