April 2, 2014 · 6:00 PM
RSVPs are open! This workshop for beginners will be taught by Mike Nolan from the Chicago Java Users Group. Bring a laptop to participate in this workshop.
The basic Java introduction workshop will provide information and hands-on labs to introduce attendees to the Java programming language, platform and ecosystem. This will include the following:
· Basic language introduction - this will include the basic language constructs, an introduction to some core libraries, and its implementation of Object-oriented principles
· Getting started with the Eclipse IDE - this will include a high level walk through of the IDE and its core features
· The Java ecosystem - Java's legacy platform and the open-source movement
· Creating a basic unit test with JUnit
· Maven management and dependency concepts