add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Chicago Women Developers Message Board Chicago Women Developers Forum › News and Feedback for our next events

News and Feedback for our next events

Melissa P.
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Hello Everyone,

Last night's meet-up was a blast! 19 ladies came out to kick off the Chicago's Girl Develop IT chapter. It was really wonderful to see so many women working in IT meet one another for the first time, I foresee a lot of friendships and cool projects coming out of last week's meet-up.

Some things discuss last night that we'd love everybody's feedback on:

• Hacker space/meet-up just for GDI-chi members. Do you know of a place that 10ish women could sit comfortably and work on coding projects together at? My guy dev friends always take up a table at Wormhole Coffee for their hacking days. If you know of a great space - speak up please!

• Class Space and teachers - GDI teaches super low cost coding classes ($80 for a 4wk class!) But we need great teachers and spaces to hold the classes, do you know anyone who wants to teach a bunch of awesome ladies to code?

• Students - Who do you know that may want to learn to code websites and applications but doesn't know about the meet-up? We want to be able to bring as many women into tech as we can by offering a safe but ass kicking group to learn with. Please let them know we're here, or let us know how to get in touch with them.

Lastly, I would love to host another meet-up before our first HTML, CSS, HTML5 class starts on June 1st. What do you ladies think? Where and when should we meet?

Can't wait to meet all of you and see all the cool projects you are working on.

Thanks and Thinks, Melissa