addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Chicago Women Developers Message Board Chicago Women Developers Forum › Some Ruby next steps...

Some Ruby next steps...

A former member
Hey Ladies!

Very excited to see all of you tomorrow night. Spread the word! Bring a friend!

I will be working through Chris Pine's "Learn to Program" which I have found to be not only well organized, but well written too. I highly suggest it to anyone who wants to go deeper into Ruby. The first few chapters are a breeze, but then you hit Ch 7 and you realize things have gotten serious... and exciting.

I'll also be hoping to go through the homework/next steps from the Ruby class some of us took. We can probably split up into 'subject tables' and bang along together.

At around 8pm I am thinking to head over to Celtic Crossings to join up with Chicago.concat(), a programmer/startup meetup group which is ALSO meeting with Git.hub's Drinkup. Would be great to roll in there with a bunch of women!

Excited to see everyone. I promise to bring milk and cookies.

Cheers!

.alexis.
A former member
Post #: 1
Thanks, Alexis! Wish I could make it out with everyone Thursday, but hope whoever is able to make it has a blast!