Chicago Women Developers Message Board Chicago Women Developers Forum › National Center for Women in Information Technologies Summit in Chicago

National Center for Women in Information Technologies Summit in Chicago

Melissa P.
MelissaFierce
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 18
Please join us for the NCWIT 2012 Summit on Women and IT: May 22-24, 2012, in Chicago, Ill.
Learn about leading-edge research and ideas for recruiting, retaining, and raising awareness about women in technology. Work with leaders, change agents, and stakeholders from K-12, universities, industry, and government to strengthen the computing workforce with increased diversity. Mark your calendars now. We look forward to seeing you there!

Anyone going to this? It's invite/member only and free, and looks to be a really enlightening chance to rub elbows with women who are getting things done in the tech space. I applied to attend, of course because I'm all about changing the ratio. I would encourage anyone interested in attending apply as well. I will reach out to them for our group and see if we can't plan something around the summit, maybe a hacking event or something similar.

-Melissa.