Got a Day? Learn WordPress ~ The Smart Way!
Everything you need to know is included in this one-day WordPress course, which is offered in an easy-to-understand, hands-on environment. Upon completion, you’ll have the knowledge, tools, and ability to create and manage a WordPress website/blog that gets results.
This interactive course also provides tips and tricks to help you add interest and appeal, as well as ways to increase visibility and exposure.
DATE: Tuesday, March 26, 2013
TIME: 10am – 4pm
VENUE: Bayshore Corporate Center in San Mateo, California
COST: Tickets for this content-rich event are only $197.00 for WEBA members. Your investment is covered by my 100% no-fuss, money-back guarantee.
- A Box Lunch
- WordPress workbooklet (value $30)
- Installation of a premium *WooThemes WordPress theme if needed (value $125.00)
- Unlimited email support following the workshop
Setting Up a WordPress Website—Getting Started
- WordPress 101: What is WordPress? What is a blog?
- Setting up a WordPress website in 15 short minutes
- Demystifying the WordPress Dashboard
- Understanding the navigation bar
Publishing Posts, Pages, Images, and Video—Content Matters
- How to format blog posts
- Tag! You’re it! Why it’s important to tag and categorize each post—and how to tag to increase traffic
- Adding links to your blog/web pages
- Creating interest by inserting and embedding images, video, and audio
Comment Moderation—Why and How
- Monitoring and moderating comments
- Spam is a four-letter word—how to prevent it
How to Use WordPress Themes—Create Your Own Personalized Style
- Learn about themes and how to use them to inject style and appeal
WordPress Plugins—How to Use Them and Why You Should
- Overview of plugins and widgets
- Installing plugins
- The top 10 WordPress plugins, what they do, and how to use them
- Improving the functionality of your website with plugins and widgets
Search Engine Optimization—Getting Found
- Crash course in SEO—what is it, why you need it, and how to get the best results
- URL’s: Increasing click-through rates with “pretty” ones
- Social Networks and Your WordPress Website—Sharing with Friends & Followers
- Using social networks to generate traffic and promote your site
- “Share” buttons and why you should add them
- The benefits of adding a newsletter ( I recommend MailChimp – it’s FREE!)
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Leave as a blogger
- Easily create your own WordPress website
- Manage your website’s content and comments/blog
- Input audio, video, and graphics into your website
- Use SEO and social media to promote your website and increase traffic
- Effectively use themes, plugins, and widgets to add interest and functionality
- Integrate and network with others, building your brand and business
RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY: Registration is limited to 10 spaces to ensure individualized assistance. If you have any questions about the courses, please don’t hesitate to contact Phyllis @ 650.548.9597.
INSTRUCTOR: Dubbed the “Blog Whisperer”, Phyllis Garland has been developing websites for over 17 years and specializes in WordPress web development for over 3 years. Her courses share her knowledge and experience in an easy-to-understand and implement manner, turning novices into WordPress do-it-yourselfers in one short day.
"Phyllis Garland’s 'Learn WordPress in a Day' class was excellent. I am not a technologically savvy person, but I came away from the class feeling that I could do it – start creating posts and pages for my website. Phyllis took the intimidation and mystery out of setting up my own website and getting it optimized for Google and the search engines. Plus, she was extremely generous with her help and time, making sure we all left with our questions answered. I would, without hesitation, highly recommend this class to any beginner who wants to learn WordPress and be up and running quickly. Thanks again!" - Serena L.
"The workshop was fantastic! I walked into the class not knowing a thing about Wordpress or setting up a website. I left not only knowing how to set up a site, but how to begin manipulating content and website security. Phyllis stands behind her teaching by allowing continued email contact beyond the class. It was a truly valuable day." - Cathy Ritter
"Excellent! I would give it 10 Stars, but I can only give it a 5! If you're wanting to learn WordPress this is the class for you! Phyllis was an excellent instructor! I learned a lot and came away feeling that I can actually do something in WordPress." - Jan Brown, JansPetSit.com
"Phyllis did a wonderful job at demystifying Word Press. She also gave us great SEO tips and tricks. I promise to update my blog more than once a year!" - Cynthia Beck, CynthiaBeck.com
"Learn Wordpress in a Day provided me with huge benefit. Phyllis somehow managed to respond to individual needs, while at the same time, delivering a thorough overveiw of what it takes to build a website. I knew a bit about Wordpress before, but feel extremely confident AFTER this very well organized and thoughtfully delivered training. Highly recommended." - Robin Fletcher, Sell Like a Goddess
"GREAT. I loved Phyllis' energy and her patience in teaching. She definitely understands and can teach the basics of setting up a Word Press site. It was so empowering to see how easy most of the set up is and it looks so clean, organized and easy to use. It is a pleasure to learn from Phyllis and she is a wonderful, considerate, highly conscious person." - Amber DeAnn, Anger At Mom and Dad
“You don’t know where to start? Phyllis can help! To make things much easier for you, it is not a bad idea to talk to her about converting your site into wordpress platform site. It will make your life so much easier.” - Hiromi Motojima, www.candmphotography.com
"I had been trying to set up a web presence for a long, long time but was putting it off because I wanted to be able to be able to manage it myself and couldn't find any web people who would work with me or teach me. Then I found Phyllis Garland, who in one short session got me up and running. I was amazed and still am. I owe her huge. My site looks great and my organization is on a roll." - Marla Lowenthal, www.shape4all.org
*WooThemes WordPress themes, delivering top quality, cutting edge WordPress themes. Give your WordPress powered website a professional new look, and be up and running in no time at all. All themes run on the same WooFramework which makes it easy to setup your theme, SEO and extra functionality.
Don’t have time for a full-day workshop to learn how to build your website? We developed an intelligent way—SmartPress. Check out “Build Your WordPress Website in 3 Hours”.