Hello WLIC Meetup Members -
We have an important announcement.
To get to the point:
We are closing the Women for Living in Community Meetup as of October 9, 2016.
We encourage you to join the Intentional Communities Asheville (ICA) Meetup. What is ICA?
"Intentional Communities Asheville Meetup welcomes all communitarians who actively seek to live in any type of intentionally-conceived community, regardless of its physical, built environment. We offer practical, how-to information and opportunities to find and connect with others who share community-friendly values."
If you are interested in finding out more, http://www.meetup.com/Intentional-Communities-Asheville/
The Women for Living in Community website and blog will continue as an ongoing resource for news and information about aging in community. Visit our website at http://www.womenlivingincommunity.com/ and subscribe or check us out.
Many of you have become our dear friends and supporters. We look forward to the next chapters of women as advocates for community and are pretty sure we’re gonna see you around!
WOMEN FOR LIVING IN COMMUNITY NETWORK
IMPORTANT NOTE: Our gatherings are specifically for women - single, married, widowed, and women with families - who are looking for alternative models of living as we age with connection and camaraderie who live in and around Asheville or are seeking to relocate here.
• Provide a forum to share information and form connections with those who are looking for alternative models of living as we age
• To form connections with existing community models and their successes
• About alternative community models, especially those suited for Boomers
• To promote community as an alternative for the current economic and social malaise known as “Aging in Community”
• Inspire the age wave of Boomer women looking for alternative living situations
• Showcase and present alternative models developed for community
• Form groups to develop their own community
• Facilitate workshops for groups using, Your Quest for Home, a Guidebook to Find the Ideal Community for Your Later Years
• Connect like-minded individuals who are at various stages of forming their own community (curious, interested seeker, newcomer, burning soul - click here for descriptions)
• Finding others to share community (shared housing and housemates)
• Explore forming their own community and everything in between
• Provide a step-by-step Guidebook to help you work through the process for every stage of finding alternative models for living
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT EVERYTHING WE DO AT WOMEN FOR LIVING IN COMMUNITY, visit our website at www.womenforlivingincommunity.com or join the conversation on Facebook.com/WomenforLivinginCommunity.