We are closing the Women for Living in Community Meetup as of October 9, 2016.
We encourage you to join the Intentional Communities Asheville (ICA) Meetup. What is ICA?
"Intentional Communities Asheville Meetup welcomes all communitarians who actively seek to live in any type of intentionally-conceived community, regardless of its physical, built environment. We offer practical, how-to information and opportunities to find and connect with others who share community-friendly values."
The Women for Living in Community website and blog will continue as an ongoing resource for news and information about aging in community. Visit our website at http://www.womenlivingincommunity.com/ and subscribe or check us out.
Many of you have become our dear friends and supporters. We look forward to the next chapters of women as advocates for community and are pretty sure we’re gonna see you around!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Our gatherings are specifically for women - single, married, widowed, and women with families - who are looking for alternative models of living as we age with connection and camaraderie who live in and around Asheville or are seeking to relocate here.
• Provide a forum to share information and form connections with those who are looking for alternative models of living as we age
• To form connections with existing community models and their successes
• About alternative community models, especially those suited for Boomers
• To promote community as an alternative for the current economic and social malaise known as “Aging in Community”
• Inspire the age wave of Boomer women looking for alternative living situations
• Showcase and present alternative models developed for community