*Exploit with Metasploit*
Join us for the Women's Society of Cyberjutsu (WSC) Cybersecurity Workshop hosted from our Washington, DC location. This is a hands-on, practical workshop where you will put into practice those things you may have read or covered in a class. This is also a great way to keep your skills fresh if you’re a veteran.
Every workshop addresses beginner and advanced topic material. Beginners are encouraged to watch and learn as much as possible even though you may not have a clue. Exposure to new tools and techniques by watching will advance your learning process a lot quicker than trying to learn on your own. You will get to ask questions and see how it's done in the real world. Advanced attendees are encouraged to share and help answer "noob" questions as much as possible so everyone can learn from them.
Metasploit, developed by Rapid7, is an exploit framework based on ruby. It is a popular tool for penetration testers but is not the only tool around. We will use Metasploit from within Backtrack for the workshop.
Lots of exploitation (examples and labs) against live hosts
- You must bring your own laptop.
- Must be installed with Virtualbox.
- Download the Backtrack virtual machine here and extract. Download version 5r3, Gnome, 32/64bit, VMware.
- Download Metasploitable2 here
- You'll receive a link by email for the Windows image.
- Knowledge of basic networking and IT.
- Good attitude, willingness to learn and share.
If you are attending remotely you must register on the website. Once registered, you’ll receive the meeting participation info by email the day before the workshop. Please have a working webcam/mic. Expect to join 15-30 minutes prior to test your technical configurations.
Onsite - $20, Remote - $5
We only have room for 24 onsite so register early.
Refunds are offered if:
- The workshop is cancelled
- You cancel at least 1 day before the workshop; by 1000am Friday (5/3) morning
Use front door. POC:[masked]
Earn CPE's towards your certification
Food & beverages are provided