Local Living Italy: Sorrento
Get a taste for Italian life on this one-week Local Living trip to Sorrento, located just around the corner from the Amalfi Coast. Replete with gorgeous scenery and all the fantastic food and drink you’d expect, you’ll unwind on a lemon farm where a local family will be your hosts, giving you an in-depth look at what life at an Italian agriturismo is like. And of course, there will be food demonstrations including limoncello- and pizza-making as well as a walk along the stunning coastline, a visit to the elite island of Capri and a stop at Pompeii. Don’t be a tourist in Italy—live the dream.
Day 1 Naples
Arrive at any time. Brief orientation walk on the way to an optional group dinner.
Day 2-6 Sorrento (5B,1L,5D)
Transfer to Sorrento and your home for the week, an organic lemon farm. With sweeping panoramic views of the sea and wooden pergolas atop lemon trees, the rooms are a great place for a peaceful night's rest. This is a working lemon farm that produces delicious limoncello.
Day 7 Naples (1B)
Morning transfer to the train station where the tour ends upon arrival at 11am.
Included activities and day trips
• Five home-cooked dinners at the agriturismo using local organic produce
• Introductory tour of the agriturismo, including the history of the property and limoncello- and pizza-making demonstrations
• One evening cooking demonstration
• Hike the famous "Walk of the Gods"
• Day trip to the island of Capri
• Guided tour of the partially buried ruins of Pompeii
• Scenic boat ride between Positano and Sorrento
• Orientation walks in Sorrento and Naples
While most days are full with inclusions, any day trips can be skipped in favour of relaxation and independent exploration. In your free time, visit local villages, spend time at the beach or explore Sorrento. Fall 2014??? September or October? thoughts?