Are you 50+ and at a place in your life where you want to enjoy life and have fun with others of like mind? The kids are all grown and out on their own. The house is quiet and there’s no one to yell at? Then this group is for you.
Wonderful Wacky Westsiders (WWW) is for folks who are 50+ and live or work on the westside of Portland. It's about meeting new friends and having some fun along the way. There is so much to see and do and having a group to do it with makes it even better.
This is NOT a dating forum, singles and those with partners are a part of the WWW. If you have a partner who would like to participate, we ask that each person become a member. We reserve the right to not admit new members who are younger than 50+ and/or who have inappropriate profiles, photos or nicknames.
We also request that you post a current photo of yourself, in this way other Wacky Westsiders can identify you at events.We welcome folks who may live outside of the west metro area but want to participate in activities on the west side. However; the bulk of activities are held on the west side of Portland.
We request a $5.00 per year per member fee from our members. Part of the reason for the charge is to ensure that when people join it's not on impulse and that they plan to regularly do activities with us and fully participate; the other is to cover the cost of the web site, name tags and room rentals for some upcoming social gatherings. If no more than 30 days after joining, you want to leave the group and have not attended any of the events, we'll refund your membership fee in full.
1. We ask that you post a current photo, in this way others can identify you at events.
2. Please RSVP to events that you want to attend so we can get an accurate head count. We want to start on time, plan on being at the event 5- 10 minutes early. If there are no other "Yes" RSVP's to an event other than the organizer, they reserve the right to cancel the meetup.
3. Please be courteous to the organizers and let them know if you're unable to attend. Please change your RSVP online or call/email the event organizer and let them know if you can't make it.
Why No-shows and Cancels Matter to Us
Our organizers and event hosts volunteer their time to organize events. Often they spend a lot of time and their own money to make an event enjoyable for our members. For some events, a no-show does not negatively impact the experience, and in some cases it does. In order to be fair to all members, all no-shows will be treated in the same manner.
Here are a few examples of how no-shows and cancels can have an effect upon us:
• There is a limit to how many people can come. Someone not showing means someone else could have taken their place if they had been kind enough to tell someone.
• Preparing food for guests in your home is expensive and time consuming, plus most of us clean our houses pretty extensively when people are coming over.
• Bringing adequate supplies for an event - sometimes we buy extra, or spend time gathering or borrowing stuff we don't need for no-shows.
• In some cases, a multiple of some number may be required (for partner games, or just even numbers at tables)
• Tickets may be reserved ahead of time.
• A table for dinner may be reserved for a certain number of people.
• There is a group discount, and everyone has shown up with X amount of money, but the 5 no-shows mean you will be charged more.
• Also, it impacts the start time of some events, as I am sure we have all had experiences like this.
*Respect and consideration for others are our Top Priority, so please refrain from being a:
"NO SHOW" (Not showing up and leaving your RSVP a "yes")
"LATE CANCEL" (changing RSVP to a "no" within 2 hours of an event and not communicating with the organizer)
"CANCEL" (Canceling out of an event within 24 hrs of the event)
A pattern of no show, late cancel or cancel is grounds for removal from the group.
4. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE MEMBERS WHO ARE RUDE AND CANNOT SHOW COURTESY TO OTHERS.
5. We reserve the right to remove members who have been inactive for 3 months or more.
753 Tualatin-Valley Friends
2,281 Single Professionals
896 Breakfast Lovers
388 Wandering Wonders!
7,001 Any Ones
1,461 Successful, Joyful Humans