Sounds like I missed a great presentation at the beginning of the month. Hope to make it to the next one. Thanks John for the helpful links and Jason for those slides. I have tightened the security for my websites .... and upgraded!
In case anyone is interested I found some useful sites:
1. http://whatwpthemeisthat.com/ - Is a free online tool which allows you to detect what WP theme a site uses.
2. http://ipadpeek.com/ & http://quirktools.com/screenfly... - Free device emulators for testing your website on various devices.
But you all probably know all this. :)
1 · March 14
Big thanks to everyone involved in organising this; Jason and John for your presentations (I've successfully updated one of my sites for the first time,huge relief it all went well!); and of course Jason for the catering! It's such a supportive atmosphere and everyone so willing to help. I leave each time having learnt heaps and had a really nice time. See you in April!
1 · March 7
As a supplement to my reviews I thought I'd give links to the goodies I did find to help with website designs.
1. http://wordpress.tv – awesome presentations from web gurus on all wordpress topics
2. This led me eventually to http://wordpress.tv/2010/03/15/... must-see presentation on “Rapid WordPress Design with Expression Web 3”
3. Rand-Hendrisen’s Expression Web code-snippets for WordPress functions are at http://gallery.expression.micro...
4. Expression Web 4 (formerly over $100 to purchase is now available for free download from Microsoft at http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/...
5. By the way additional goodies referred to by Rand-Hendriksen such as Microsoft Mesh has been replaced with Microsoft SkyDrive and Microsoft Web Platform Installer --- which lets you replicate a WordPress installation on your PC or notebook is available for free at http://www.microsoft.com/web/do...
0 · March 7
Yvette, Craig and Rory, sorry you can't make this event - there is one already scheduled for April! Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow night!
Jason will be talking about WordPress Security and John Hilvert will be discussing 2 WordPress books he's picked up - I'm looking forward to hearing about them.
0 · March 5