WordPress Chapel Hill Message Board › Settings have changed for WordPress Chapel Hill

Settings have changed for WordPress Chapel Hill

Anthony Z.
tonyzeoli
Group Organizer
Asheville, NC
Anthony Zeoli, the Organizer of 'WordPress Chapel Hill' Meetup Group has changed the settings for the group.

I apologize, but for now, I will be suggesting the dates for the Meetups for WordPress Chapel Hill. In my experience, suggesting dates without specific goals can lead to low attendance.

I'd like to find out what people would like to get out of the next meetup. Please email me with your suggestions.

If there are "newbies" to WordPress that need help getting up to speed quickly, then we should plan a separate Beginners Meetup for either 1.5 hours before the next meetup, or on a second night in the same week. That way, more experience members can get something out of one, while beginners can come and ask questions either before or on the second night. Let me know your thoughts.

I'm shooting for Monday, March 21st at 6:30 pm for standard meetup, with a beginners track starting at 5 pm. Or, let's do Monday at 6 pm for the next standard WordPress Chapel Hill and Tuesday the 22nd at 6 pm for a beginner's track.

Thoughts?

Check out the Meetups - http://www.meetup.com...­

Best,

Tony Zeoli

Organizer, WordPress Chapel Hill
A former member
Post #: 2

I'm shooting for Monday, March 21st at 6:30 pm for standard meetup, with a beginners track starting at 5 pm. Or, let's do Monday at 6 pm for the next standard WordPress Chapel Hill and Tuesday the 22nd at 6 pm for a beginner's track.

Thoughts?

Monday, March 21st sounds good; I'll plan to come to the main session.

I'm interested in almost any intermediate-type topics of the type that interest *web developers* who work with WordPress.org.

One subject I'd appreciate would be a session on security for WordPress sites.

Thanks for organizing this.

Patty Ayers
Carrboro

A former member
Post #: 1

"I'm shooting for Monday, March 21st at 6:30 pm for standard meetup, with a beginners track starting at 5 pm. Or, let's do Monday at 6 pm for the next standard WordPress Chapel Hill and Tuesday the 22nd at 6 pm for a beginner's track."

Hello! I am on the beginner track and Tuesday, March 22 at 6 PM works best for me. I'd be interested in learning more about how to link to video and how to customize widgets. In particular, I am trying to make a calendar graphic that will allow users to see upcoming events. Where will the beginner's meetup take place?

Thanks for your help with organizing!

Catherine
Anthony Z.
tonyzeoli
Group Organizer
Asheville, NC
Post #: 16

Hello! I am on the beginner track and Tuesday, March 22 at 6 PM works best for me. I'd be interested in learning more about how to link to video and how to customize widgets. In particular, I am trying to make a calendar graphic that will allow users to see upcoming events. Where will the beginner's meetup take place?

Thanks for your help with organizing!

Catherine

Hi Catherine:

Let's do a beginner's track on Tuesday night then. I will schedule it. Instead of having it at the J-School at UNC, I am looking into seeing if we can do it at Carrboro Co-Working. I will look into it tomorrow and find out if that's an option.