WordPress Chapel Hill Message Board › Finally!

Finally! A date for the next Wordpress Chapel Hill Meetup at the Chapel Hill Public Library

Anthony Z.
tonyzeoli
Group Organizer
Asheville, NC
Hi folks!
The long wait is finally over!
After waiting for the past year for the Chapel Hill Public Library to complete its renovations and then open the new conference rooms to the public, I have secured the meetup group a space on the third Monday of every month, from 6 pm to 7:45 pm starting September 16th!
Not only are we going to be doing WP Chapel Hill at the Chapel Hill Public Library, but the Library is co-sponsoring the event with Digital Strategy Works and they will help to promote the event through flyers and on the schedule of events at the CHPL.
I had been looking for a free space for some time. While I was offered other locations, I didn't think they were as suitable or as accessible as the CHPL. I had contacted the library a few months ago, but the rooms were not yet approved to be scheduled by the town. I checked back last week and found that scheduling the rooms is now authorized, then contacted the CHPL and got approval to run the Meetup.
Truth be told, I'm actually glad that we are going to be at the Library instead of UNC for a number of reasons. First, the CHPL is helping to promote the meetup, which UNC never took an interest in doing. Second, we'll get the benefit of an actual parking lot right next to the building, so that no one has to find parking at an approved UNC lot.
In addition to hosting WP Chapel Hill at the CHPL, I will also be volunteering to teach Beginner Wordpress classes to the community at large in Chapel Hill, which is pretty cool too!
So, I will be setting out the next Meetup for September 16th on Meetup.com and you should receive a notification tomorrow.
Will be exciting to see everyone again. There are so many advancements and I have been doing so much with Wordpress. There's a lot to talk about!
I would love to get some ideas from the group at the next Meetup for future Meetups, so come prepared to both learn and contribute.