WordPress Chapel Hill Message Board › Next WordPress Chapel Hill on January 27th - What do you want to learn about?

Next WordPress Chapel Hill on January 27th - What do you want to learn about?

Anthony Z.
tonyzeoli
Group Organizer
Asheville, NC
Hi everyone,
Hope you all had a great time at the last WordPress Chapel Hill Meetup learning about how to speed up and optimize your WordPress installation and get the best performance possible.
We're thinking about our next topic for WordPress Chapel Hill and wanted to open it up to the community to see what they were interested in covering.
Here are two of my ideas, but we'd like to hear from you, before we post the next meetup, so that we can get the title of the meetup set.
Two subjects that are close to my heart are multimedia and e-commerce. On the multimedia side, WordPress has really advanced its media library tool to publish photo galleries and other media assets, as well as the ability to add SEO to those assets. While I used NextGen Gallery for a long time and still do, it might be of interest to compare and contrast the two and discuss which media library you need to use for your site.
We just implemented Cart66 for two of our clients, MelibeeGlobal.com and SaveTheGreatSouthBay.org and we heard the founder of Cart66 speak at WordCamp Raleigh last in November. Let us know if discussing how to implement Cart66 is something you might want to discuss.
What are your thoughts? Anything that is confounding you? Anything that you've been trying to figure out, but just haven't done so yet?
We'd love to hear from you, so let us know your thoughts. I'm going to leave it open until next Friday, January 27th, to come up with some ideas. Once we've confirmed, we'll get the word out and set the new meeting planner.
I also wanted to mention that we do not charge any fees for the Meetup, mainly because we want to keep the Meetup free and accessible to all. Since the WordPress Chapel Hill Meetup is hosted at the Chapel Hill Public Library, it must be freely accessible to anyone who wants to attend, as the CHPL is a free resource to the public.
However, there is a quarterly payment that we incur to Meetup.com to use the Meetup.com system. In the past, I have implemented a voluntary contribution to help defray the costs of using Meetup.com. If you feel so inclined to donate a few bucks to the cost of hosting the Meetups, we would sincerely appreciate it.
As for me, I'm still in Ecuador until January 28th. The good news is, lot's of people here are using WordPress and I'm being enlisted by some to help them get their sites in order. It's been an adventure, for sure. I'm ready to come back home at the end of January and get back to work.
Thank you,
Tony Zeoli, Organizer, WPCH
Anthony Z.
tonyzeoli
Group Organizer
Asheville, NC
Post #: 37
Sorry, I meant Friday, December 27th to close the date for suggestions!
Thomas - The Danis...
TheDanishDynamo
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 46
Would love to learn about

• Personal Home Page programming
  • WordPress integration, sso, web services, reporting
  • WordPress large scale

Thomas - The Danis...
TheDanishDynamo
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 49
http://www.code-sharp...­ This is my second WordPress project - hosted at godaddy, and includes a proactive live chat Proactive means that the web site will start a live chat with me if I'm online. I would be happy to explain how this works.