WordPress Gwinnett Message Board › Important! Re: Kickoff Meeting
|Naomi C. B.||
Hello and Welcome to WordPress Gwinnett! Just a few notes regarding our kickoff meeting tomorrow:
1. At this time, we are a meetup group for developers - that means you know PHP and develop custom WordPress functionality. We will consider adding support for beginner, novice, and intermediate users in the future - in the meantime, if you are a beginner, novice, or intermediate user, you'd be better served by the following groups:
(Marietta and Duluth) http://www.meetup.com...
2. Our goal for this kickoff meeting is to meet each other & lay the foundation for our group going forward. That means:
Here are some ideas from WordPress.org:
- Hang out and work on your WordPress sites together
- Social/happy hour type gatherings
- Developer hacking meetups
- Project showcase
- Lecture series (possibly with visiting speakers)
That's it. I look forward to meeting you tomorrow!
-Naomi C. Bush
|A former member||
I wish you had stated this info when you started the group on the 4th. I know some of us were under the impression this was a group for those who wanted to learn WP. I personally wouldn't have joined and scheduled this meet up on my calendar for tomorrow. And I definitely wouldn't have been telling others about the group if I knew the groups intentions. Thank You and have a prosperous year!!