addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

WordPress Gwinnett Message Board › Important! Re: Kickoff Meeting

Important! Re: Kickoff Meeting

Naomi C. B.
NaomiCBush
Group Organizer
Suwanee, GA
Hello and Welcome to WordPress Gwinnett! Just a few notes regarding our kickoff meeting tomorrow:

1. At this time, we are a meetup group for developers - that means you know PHP and develop custom WordPress functionality. We will consider adding support for beginner, novice, and intermediate users in the future - in the meantime, if you are a beginner, novice, or intermediate user, you'd be better served by the following groups:

(Marietta and Duluth) http://www.meetup.com...­

(Atlanta) http://www.meetup.com...­

2. Our goal for this kickoff meeting is to meet each other & lay the foundation for our group going forward. That means:

• how often we want to meet & best day/time
  • how we'd like to structure our meetings

Here are some ideas from WordPress.org:

- Hang out and work on your WordPress sites together

- Social/happy hour type gatherings

- Mini-lectures/presentations

- Developer hacking meetups

- Project showcase

- Lecture series (possibly with visiting speakers)

That's it. I look forward to meeting you tomorrow!

-Naomi C. Bush
A former member
Post #: 23
Hi Naomi,

I wish you had stated this info when you started the group on the 4th. I know some of us were under the impression this was a group for those who wanted to learn WP. I personally wouldn't have joined and scheduled this meet up on my calendar for tomorrow. And I definitely wouldn't have been telling others about the group if I knew the groups intentions. Thank You and have a prosperous year!!