addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Lancaster WordPress Message Board › Word Press Speed Issue

Word Press Speed Issue

Gail E.
user 20421561
Lancaster, PA
Post #: 1
Hello Everyone. Thought I would just put this out there. I am having a speed issue with the site and it seems that everyone is blaming everyone else for the issue.

I have Wish List Member and several plug ins.

Initially, installed Max CDN and it did speed things up a little but not much.

When I spoke to the Max CDN guy, he suggested three issues - style.php file, admin.php file and perhaps the time cache from Wish List.

When speaking to the Wish List support team, they site our hosting is an issue (Blue Host) and the plug ins.

It seems to me when I disable the plug ins, Wish List is the issue.

I do have a report about how long it is taking each thing to load.

MY QUESTION IS - HOW DO I KNOW THE ORIGIN OF THESE THINGS THAT ARE LOADING SLOWLY AND HOW DO I GO ABOUT POSSIBLY DELETING THEM WITHOUT SPELLING DISASTER.

Your thoughts are appreciated. I feel I am not dumb with website stuff, but this is over my head.

Austin G.
austinginder
Lancaster, PA
Post #: 1
Speed is a fun one to figure out as everything (Hosting, Plugins, Caching, Outside calls to files, Local Internet, etc ..) affects it. Your website will only go as fast as your slowest point. Sometimes a plugin is the one thing that pushes the server over the edge. Sometimes it's 100% the plugin's fault. Figuring out can be tricky. If I were in your situation I'd do the following:

• Copy your website over to a known fast hosting environment. I'd recommend MediaTemple (dv) as I'm familiar with their services however lots of other good hosting providers out there.
  • Compare load times from it's current location with the temporary server setup.

Doing a test like this won't tell you were the problem is. It will tell you if a faster server will fix the issue. If you'd like an outside look at the issue let me know. I'd be happy to take a look.
A former member
Post #: 25
Good day:

Dynamic Net, Inc, is a Lancaster County Hosting provider, member of the Lancaster Chamber, and member of the Think Local Chamber program.

Our company competes on value mainly in the areas of security, reliability, and speed.

Cheap hosting providers often limit your ability to use all of the resources they advertise as being available to you might be a good read.

Often times the commodity hosting providers cram as many sites onto a single server a possible (in addition to throttling); and that can impact site speed tremendously.

We do help our WordPress customers if they have plugin issues where if they give us access as an admin, we can go in to try and determine if there's a plugin issue.

Thank you.
Gail E.
user 20421561
Lancaster, PA
Post #: 2
Thanks everyone for you replies. I do think the next step is moving into to another site and testing if things improve.