Luckywebs Limited is excited to present WordPress Workshop London.
Saturday, 25th of May 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
WORDPRESS WORKSHOP OUTLINE
• Brief history and evolution
• Transforming blogs to websites
• Who uses WordPress?
• How much is it? (trick question)
2. Terms you should know
• Blog article aka "post"
• Content Management System aka CMS
• Domain name
• Search Engine Optimisation aka SEO
• Web analytics
• Web hosting aka hosting aka hosting servers
• WordPress themes aka themes aka website layouts
3. Pros, cons and differences
• WordPress vs Joomla
• WordPress vs Drupal
• WordPress.com vs WordPress.org
• Web hosting vs cloud hosting
• Pages vs posts
• Plugins vs widgets
4. Setting up your website via WordPress.com
• Things you need before setting up your website via WordPress.com
• Piggybacking on WordPress.com domain vs using your own domain
• Free vs paid options
5. Setting up your website via WordPress.org
• Things you need before setting up your website via WordPress.org
• Buying a domain name
• Signing up for web hosting service
• Free vs paid web hosting services
• WordPress Control Panel aka Admin Panel aka Dashboard aka Backend
6. How to…
• Create a page aka web page
• Create a blog article aka post
• Create a menu bar
• Install plugins
• Create image slideshows
• Add images
• Add videos
• Add map
7. Additional tips
• Installing WordPress the easy way
• Optimising Posts & Pages for search engine ranking (SEO)
• Setting up Google Analytics for your WordPress website
• List themes
• List of plugins
9. Nothing is perfect. Not even WordPress
• Compatibility issues
• What to do when your website is down
• Schedule posts
• Automate certain tasks
• Cloud hosting?
• Budgeting for your WordPress website
What you need:
*Tablets are not recommended.
Venue details: After a successful RSVP you will see location details.
Services included with the venue:
- Screen and LCD Projector
- Fast WiFi Internet connection
The Trainer: Rafi Akbar
Rafi Akbar is Luckywebs founder and CEO.
Rafi has run regular WordPress workshops at Google Campus and other venues including UCL, Prince's Trust and London College of Fashion.
He is also a mentor and runs free WordPress workshops at various libraries in London. His case study was also published at the getmentoring.org website. In 2012 he setup Luckywebs to help individuals, startups and small business owners learn to build and manage their own business and eCommerce websites via WordPress.
Web / Facebook / Twitter / LinkedIn / You Tube
Book your place via RSVP