New Hampshire WordPress Message Board › Canvas Theme issue

Canvas Theme issue

Kathryn
user 94584792
Manchester, NH
Post #: 3
Hi.

Hoping someone can help me out with this layout issue in my Canvas child theme.

On my localhosted home page, I'm using a twocol, divider and threecol layout for my content. When I look in Chrome's developer tools, I'm noticing that following twocol-one last and threecol-one last, there are blank <p></p> tags. How can I get rid of them? I tried:

.post-75 .entry p { display: none; }

but that got rid of all my content copy.

Also, there is a <br> tag after my threecol divs. How can I get rid of that too?

Any ideas? Here is my content: on jsfiddle and this is what Google Chrome shows as the HTML: on jsfiddle

If you need further info, we'll have to email.

Thanks in advance!
Kathryn

Kathryn
user 94584792
Manchester, NH
Post #: 4
Nevermind, I figured it out. Apparently Canvas likes to keep their content in one long paragraph, rather than have the user enter returns to keep it more easily readable and organized. :)
Amanda G.
amandagiles
Barrington, NH
Post #: 39
It's a WordPress thing. WordPress puts <p> tags in when you hit Enter. If you got a <br /> tag that may be from pasting something in.

Not Canvas, just WordPress. It can make things tricky sometimes. And you can turn off the auto-<p> insert, but that can lead to its own issues.