align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

WordPress NYC Meetup Group Message Board Plugins › tagging plugin

tagging plugin

This message board is read-only.

A former member
Post #: 1
Ja and Adam--

Here's that tagging plugin I was thinking of today

http://sw-guide.de/wo...­

Ja- any experience with it?
A former member
Post #: 24
Ah, thought you were talking about SimpleTags. So nope, hadn't seen it... been keeping too busy. wink I'm going to take a look at it now. Having read the web page, it seems like a bastardization of Jerome's Keywords and UTW. It seems to be very similar to UTW in terms of functionality so I have no idea why it's called Simple Tagging Plugin. I'm a little apprehensive about it since it's extremely new, unlikely to be supported as well as UTW is (Christine rocks), and causes problems for people importing from the other well established tagging plugins by changing the character used as a space (which breaks all incoming links to those tag pages).

I'm still going to give it a good once over though.

More stuff on tagging soon. I have a few queries (sorry, bad SQL pun) for you as well but my head stopped functioning so it'll have to wait.
A former member
Post #: 25
Okay, I played with STP and it is quite nice as far as the administrative interface (though by no means "simple"). There are some nice options though also some problems that need to be worked out yet. This biggest negative though is that for all it's nice clean easy to use admin stuff, there's no way to tell it to output tags after a post right out of the box. You need to go in and manually insert the calls in your template. The templates for tag archive pages also seem to need to be set up manually... it may have been my testbed that was screwed up, but it didn't seem to have a default fallback for such.

UTW is still king of the tagging plugins in my mind and many themes have hooks to natively incorporate it.

STP is worth watching though as it's quite new and written by the author of another plugin I love for link indication.

Ja
A former member
Post #: 2
Ja-

Very helpful evaluation of that plugin, thanks. I have now pegged you as my UTW expert and will be getting in touch in the next couple weeks with questions :-D

John