addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

WordPress NYC Meetup Group Message Board Themes › adding pages to wordpress blog that are 1) not part of theme, and 2) not in

adding pages to wordpress blog that are 1) not part of theme, and 2) not in navigation structure?

This message board is read-only.

Allan P.
arp77
New York, NY
Post #: 1
I have a wordpress based website/blog (using carrington theme now). I plan to add a separate page into the structure which is essentially a signup page for an opt-in email list (will be using Aweber for the list management).

I intend the signup to be a double opt-in, so after someone signs up, they will be redirected to a new page -- a thank you page -- thanking them for signing up and telling them to check their email box and click a link to confirm their sign up. Then, once they do that -- confirm -- they get redirected again to a confirmation page. (the redirects are controlled by a weber - you just type in the url for the page into their form for setting up a mailing list)

that's the process. Anyway, I want the "thank you" page and the "confirmed" page to be 1) not in the navigation structure of the blog and not visible except to those who actually sign up and actually confirm their signup.

The thank you and confirmed pages are simple html pages. I think I can just upload these two pages onto the server, and will be trying that. But, I wonder -- can this or will this screw up the rest of the blog?

Again, my guess is no, but I don't know.

thanks for your thoughts,

Allan

Allan P.
arp77
New York, NY
Post #: 2
Never mind. Problem solved.

I figured it out. What I thought would happen turned out to be right: uploading independent pages to server did not screw up the structure or functioning of the wordpress-generated pages.

For what it's worth, I think my fear of problems came from a dismal day some time ago when I crashed a site built with MS FrontPage -- where one false move and the site stopped working.

Those were the days! (the bad old days, that is)

Allan
Helen C.
HelenCastillo
New York, NY
Post #: 4
Hello arp77,
I'm happy to hear that you were able to resolve your issue with the opt-in page. I will be implementing your exact opt-in set-up for my blog once my website/blogsite designer completes my design layout. In the meantime, how were you able to achieve the separate pages in WordPress?

Thanks in advance.

Helen