addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

WordPress NYC Meetup Group Message Board ANNOUNCEMENTS › The New WordPressNYC Meetup

The New WordPressNYC Meetup

This message board is read-only.

Steve B.
sbruner
Brooklyn, NY
This past weekend was WordCampNYC, where over 700 WordPress enthusiasts came together at Baruch College to learn more about WordPress and the local WordPress community.

If you attended the Sunday sessions, then you heard the announcement I made regarding this Meetup. But if you weren't able to make it...we missed you there! So here's the recap:

Our meetup has grown to over 500 members in the last 12 months, demonstrating the strength and excitement in the local WordCamp community. As you may know, we always max out our current Meetup location. Sometimes, within hours of announcing a new meetup the RSVP's come flying in, and we fill the 25 available seats.

Well, we're growing so we're going!

I'm pleased to announce that Sun Microsystems will be the new venue sponsor for our WordCampNYC Meetup. Our new space, at 101 Park Ave, will hold over 100 people, and will allow us to have "mini WordCamps" every month. Our first Meetup there will be January (we're skipping December).

So, what does this mean?

I don't really know. Should our Meetups be structured? or more spontaneous like unconference sessions? or a little of both? I would really love it to be a place where all levels of WordPress users; bloggers, beginners, developers and themers, could all come together to network and learn.

But I'm just one guy... and there are over 500 of you... with 500 opinions.

So, here's what I'm proposing: Let me know what you want this Meetup to be. We now have the space to do almost anything we want, and I want to hear your ideas.
I set up a forum on the meetup site so we can have a centralized place for your ideas. What is your vision of the WordPressNYC Meetup?