Chao Thai’s younger but bigger sibling, Chao Thai Too, dishes up delectable (and much touted) Northern Thai food. This is not your mama’s Pad Thai joint around the corner from the office! If you’ve never been, you don’t want to miss the opportunity - and if you have, we know you’ll want to return.
Here’s what you need to know:
- We will have done the ordering in advance. We’re going for the real deal, Northern/Isaan Thai food.
- Along with your hearty appetite, please bring cash, small bills preferred.
- We will be eating family style: everyone shares the dishes that we order. Expect the cost to be $30-$35 per person including tax and tip; if you’d like to order drinks, they will appear on a separate (not shared) bill.
- RSVP etiquette. We usually have a waitlist of folks clamoring to join us. If you RSVP that you are coming and then don’t show up, we have an empty chair at the table and a very disappointed member who could have filled it. If you must change your RSVP, please do so at least 24 hours before the scheduled time. If you don’t, you risk being barred from dining with us for four months. If you have an emergency that day, please change your RSVP and also send us an email through the site. A fellow member will be very grateful.
- In order to cover our fees to Meetup.com, we will charge members $1 over the food/tax/tip bill at each event.
Our tentative menu:
Sweet Pork Sausage Salad
Panang Curry with Beef
Crispy Pork in Basil Sauce
Stir Fried Spicy Herb and Chili Paste Duck
Stir Fried Morning Glory in Oyster Sauce
Pad Frog in Curry Paste
Fried Bass topped with Ginger, Vegetables, and Ground Pork
Looking forward to seeing you there!
*Note: Also, we might try again for Tea Cup Cafe afterwards; hopefully, this time the weather will cooperate!