addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Worldwide Environment | DC Message Board › Global Fairness Initiative BeFair 2011 Launch-life changing low cost green t

Global Fairness Initiative BeFair 2011 Launch-life changing low cost green technology demonstration

A former member
Post #: 1

Hello my name is Abigail Beach. I am interning at the Global Fairness Initiative (GFI). This year GFI is launching its BeFair 2011 Micro Campaign. The general concept of BeFair is to promote a green economy to the working poor. To that affect this year GFI has partnered with iDE to create micro drip irrigation systems for farmers in developing countries. These systems are not only cost effective, and eco-friendly, but will also transform countless lives as they will be able to provide rural farmers with better nutrition and economic security. These irrigation systems have become so successful that iDE has introduced them to areas in the US where farmers are struggling with the growing problem of water scarcity.

I would like to invite the entire carbonfreedc community to witness a live demonstration of this low cost green technology. This free and extremely informative event will take place at a private residence in Chevy Chase MD on Sunday June 26. To receive more specific details I ask that you please RSVP with my colleague Nora via email at or by phone at 202-898-9022.

Abigail Beach

Global Fairness Initiative
Development Intern