add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

WriteClub London Message Board › Alas, no meeting on the 20th December

Alas, no meeting on the 20th December

Al R.
user 7017160
Brighton, GB
Hi all -

Christmas is nearly upon us! A season of joyful festivity, wondrous merriment, and the descent of Oxford Circus and its environs into the pit of frenzied shopping and Christmas partying inferno. So, alas the Yorkshire Grey's unavailable, and so there's no meeting on the 20th December.

On the plus side, there might be a small group of WriteClub regulars hitting the London SF/Fan meet at (I think) the Melton Mowbray on Holborn that same night. If anything's happening there, I'll ping nearer the time.

*waves some tinsel around, sups mulled wine beneath the WriteClub virtual Christmas tree*

And as a festive treat, here's a couple of seasonal M. R. James ghost stories, beautifully adapted by the BBC in the 70s -­­

And finally, Happy Christmas and a Writerly New Year to everyone, and I'll look forward to inaugurating WriteClub's 2013 season with you all on the 17th January!