Welcome all writers and thank you for joining! (Find us at the back of the store.)
Our agenda is as follows:
7-7:15 - chat, introductions (newcomers please be on time for intros)
7:15-8:00 - set writing goals for upcoming week & share obstacles
8:00-9:00 - provide feedback for the two or three chosen pieces
9:00-9:15 - chat, discuss group matters, and choose works for next week
How to receive feedback:
IF you would like to be critiqued, you must attend at least one meetup to become familiar with and understand the format of the meetings. You do NOT have to be critiqued if you wish not to be. In the preceding meetup we choose two writers to be critiqued. The third work is a backup if time permits. Please read them all.
How to post:
1) Post only if you have been chosen to be critiqued and by noon on the preceding Friday. (For critique outside of meetups please post in "Pages" in the menu above.)
2) Before Posting: Length: 15 - 20 pgs (can be shorter)
Double-spaced (unless for aesthetics)
11-12 point font (no smaller or larger)
Number your pages
3) Post in Files under More tab with this description:
Description of your work
Type of feedback you would like
(As description box allows. Also post in the document.)
When critiquing: (Always use "I" when critiquing)
1) Each person is allotted 5 mins. The writer is also allotted 5 mins to respond after everyone has spoken.
2) Share what worked and/or what you liked/ enjoyed and why.
3) Offer suggestions/ constructive criticism for improvement.
*Suggested donation is $5 for the Enigma Bookstore for being kind enough to let us use their space. Or you may purchase an item or a book to your liking. Donations will be collected on the premises.
See you there,
347 - 743 - 1854