Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
Welcome everyone who has just joined the
YOGA WOW! 4Men family, a social group for men who share similar interests - to share the practice of yoga, meditation and wellbeing. Heal your body, mind and soul on your personal journey to become a happy, healthy and strong man, become whole. Become the man you want to be.
I have decided to set up this Community group so we can interact with each other, give support and inspiration in our every day lives. You are welcome to share blogs, articles, videos and join group discussions.
for current updates. Please send me your details and I will add you to my mailing list and send you updates firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our community! Play, Relax and Get social!
Level 1/2 7.45 - 9pm
DROP IN CLASS 12£ or
or monthly payment 37£
go to www.yoga4men.com
Why Mens YOGA?
"Yoga has a long rich history in India (as long as 5000 years) where a vast majority of the practitioners are men. But there is a general misconception among men in the West about yoga.When yoga is mentioned a typical man’s response is “I’m to tight to do yoga” or they say, “I should do yoga, but I don’t”. There seems to be this awkward not knowing how to get involved, what’s yoga about, nervous about being a beginner, that keeps most men from ever trying yoga. Or they do go to a yoga class and indeed there are a lot of flexible young women and they feel out of place.
The work that men do together, learning together, helps build honor and respect for each other and for them self. When you look around you see men doing yoga, their bodies are similar to your body, there challenges are similar to your challenges it feels more inclusive, you feel more included and 3accepted. It is very reaffirming to see a room full of men, young, old, in good physical shape, not in such good shape, but all taking an active role in improving their health and the quality of their lives."
Read full article by Jonathan Bowra
Here’s 10 reasons why more guys should do yoga.
1. You’ll work different muscle groups
Most guys go to the weight room and do the same exercises for years and years. Yoga offers a way to build strength in different parts of your muscles that you’ve probably never built before.
2. You will burn calories
If you take a YOGA class - you will burn a lot of calories that will help you lose weight. It’s also not as hard on your joints as running is.
3. Yoga reduces toxins in the muscles
A lot of guys don’t do to much stretching, so toxins tend to build up in their muscles. Yoga is all about stretching all the various muscle groups to release built up of toxins in the body.
4. Yoga is great for stress relief
A major component of yoga is working on meditation and breathing. It’s like a meditation in motion that will help you clear your mind from your stress-filled work day.
5. It’s great for pain relief
If you have sore or stiff muscles, yoga does great things to relax and relieve the tension areas of the body.
6. It will give you an edge in other sports
Professional athletes do yoga to gain any extra advantage they can get.
7. You’ll feel better
Yoga will help you sweat and release serotonin in the brain, which will improve your mood. It will also improve you confidence because you’ll be in better shape. Most importantly, a lot of yoga includes meditation, which will help you become more calm.
8. Yoga will help you sleep
Yoga will will help you sleep because it reduces stress, which is usually a major part of keeping us awake at night.
9. Yoga will help you increase your strength
Most of the postures require that you coordinate your entire body in order to get into the pose. This will help you strengthen muscles throughout your entire body.
10. Yoga will help improve your balance
A lot of postures in yoga work on improving your balance. This will help you in sports and all areas of life.
My name is RAD. I love Yoga. I love people and I love life. For me life is an adventure. Im certified HATHA YOGA teacher following the path of ANUSARA YOGA and Shiva- Shakti TANTRA. I am interested in energy healing and meditation. I am certified massage therapist and Reiki practitioner.
I know how much Yoga has influenced and changed my life and I am here to inspire you to give it a GO!
What is Anusara Yoga?
ANUSARA YOGA helps you radically change the way you look at life and recognise the infinite possibilities of your own existence WOW!
This unique method of hatha yoga, founded in 1997 by John Friend, become one of the most popular forms of yoga practiced all over the world. Its popularity may have something to do with the positivism of SHIVA - SHAKTI TANTRA philosophy. Anusara Yoga integrates biomechanical principles of alignment with the celebration of the heart and spirit.
Simply - ANUSARA ROCKS! - whenever you do Anusara class you will have a BLAST! It's a balance of playful discovery, mindfulness, challenging physical practice and inspiring philosophy. It is a slower paced yoga focusing on each pose and how to get there, to help build strength, and prevent injury. It is style that puts much emphasis on perfecting alignment, listening to your body, and working within your means as you learn and challenge yourself at your own pace.
If you interested in Yoga and looking for ONE 2 ONE Yoga I offer session especially tailored to your needs. Private classes are a fantastic way to learn yoga at your own pace, focus on a specific health or alignment issue, or deepen an existing practice.
Each body is different and to solve each problem you and your therapist need to analise it together and then apply a treatment - postures chosen specifically for you. ARE YOU A BEGINNER? Very often we join yoga classes at the gym doing yoga postures without detailed understanding of the alignment or basic yoga principles. ONE to ONE Yoga it is your time to ASK QUESTIONS
40£ 1,30 min
GROUP REVIEW / YOGA EXPERIENCE
"Can't imagine a Wednesday without yoga now!! I've now been practising yoga for 6 months. Rad teaches anusara yoga, which is challenging but incredibly rewarding. I've learned that just like riding a bike the first time you do something you have no real idea of the principles involved - going through the motion should be enough. But with yoga it's much more than that. Opening (your heart) to embrace those around you and opening yourself to be the person you know you truly are, are just two of the positive effects of yoga. I've gained confidence, calmness (and an ability to choose calm, which was something that I previously thought that I didn't have a choice in making). My thought processes are clearer and more defined, I'm sleeping better, I'm stronger at the other sports I play and I'm a happier person. This has all been from yoga. "
"I started doing Yoga with Rad almost 1 year ago. It was a time of great change going on in my life, and I wanted to try something new with my physical fitness routine as I was a bit bored of years of going to the gym. In addition to helping me keep fit, Yoga also helped make this time of change easier for me to deal with. I discovered that not only are their physical benefits of Yoga, there are mental and spiritual benefits also.Rad is a patient and kind teacher, and has also gently pushed me to advance in my Yoga. He always explains the benefits of Anusara which I also find helpful. Its been a rather life-changing discovery and I'm grateful to have found it. Thanks!"
Kris , Hackney
"Yoga is the integral part of my daily chore how can i live without it. As heat cannot be separated from fire and light cannot be separated from sun similarly practise of yoga cannot be separated from the divine as it is part and parcel of every living entity. Rad , Anusara Yogi Teacher, has been expert in attempting to balance mind and body through various asanas by means of physical practise and controlled breathing. This has truly benefited me physically and mentally. The immense flow of energy during the practise has improved my flexibility and concentration tremendously and made me over come my stress and anxiety in my daily life. This has further enhanced my relationship with the world itself and how to embrace who we are and be grateful and appreciate the life that is given to us.I only wish that i can continue to strive further and deeper into the spiritual realm and take every opportunity to cultivate the practise in the most ecstatic and blissful platform. As Bhagavad Gita states yoga is the purest and the topmost and gives the direct perception of self realization and everlasting joyful to perform"Darshan,Barking
I am so pleased that I found this yoga group, it has impacted my life hugely in a short space of time! Rad is a wonderful instructor - he really knows how to pay attention to individual needs, and always makes time to provide individual encouragement and corrections in the class. This is so important, as it gives you the confidence to know you are doing things safely. Rad also manages to brings so much passion and enthusiasm to the classes, taking the sessions beyond just a physical workout, but something that goes deeper. For me the Anusara yoga has helped give me more strength and flexibility, and also a sense of freedom. I love the feeling of being able to improve over time and that it's the start of a life-long journey. The classes have a very welcoming and friendly atmosphere, and it's more like a community than a random exercise class. The social side has been just as encouraging for me - it's provided the chance to meet fascinating people and make new friends. I'd recommend the class to anyone. Phil, Greenwich
Yoga is Union of our attention with the Divine.Its techniques of controlling and awakening our body mind and soul.Yoga is such wonderful experience and challenging in my life.Its change a lot and learn more how to calm my self and get rid of my stress and make me feel better and happy person .I am with yogi Rad with anusara last 4 months he is such a wonder ful teacher(yogi).Practice make sence i am always look forward challenging asnas and i love yoga.
Om Shanthi Raj ,Plastow
I think I have never felt this before - as this groups has a very honest and loving vibe/feeling - all your actions/poses you teach us seem to reflect peace and harmony and being in a loving state no matter what poses we are doing.I also feel the effects afterward - rejuvinated, alive, aware, and sleep very well too!A few words come to mind:
9 amazing benefits of regular YOGA practice
What happens when you practice yoga positions in the right way (holding them steady, and relaxing into them) is that you
(1) breathe deeply. Since any time you remain steady and relax deeply, your breathing will also deepen as a natural consequence.As your body lets go of unnecessary tension (which is absolutely inevitable with practice, because it’s simply not possible to hold an asana whilst also holding on to stress) there is a deep
(2) ‘letting go’. Emotional stress that was locked away in the muscles and tissues of the body, especially the fascia, dissolves. This is why people sometimes cry or feel emotional during yoga practice; usually however the ‘letting go’ is on a more subconscious level.
As the body breathes more and more deeply, the lungs expand and contract more fully, gently and rhythmically
(3) massaging the internal organs and glands. They are toned; toxins are released; and all the systems in the body – the endocrine system (hormones); nervous system (stress + relaxation); circulatory system (energy) digestive system, and metabolism – are balanced. As well as this internal massage, the yoga postures are also well known for the wonderful
(4) external massage that they give: stretching. The muscular skeletal system is rebalanced completely; the main reason why yoga is known to be quite simply the best remedy for a bad back. Problems with alignment are corrected automatically, as the body remembers it’s proper relationship with all it’s various parts. Another reason why yoga helps to fix a bad back, apart from the stretching aspect of the exercises, is that it
(5) strengthens the body, especially the core of the body. The core muscle groups are the ones that hold the body internally, maintaining good posture and balance. Look at an experienced yoga asana practitioner, and you’ll see physical poise, balance, and lightness of limb. Yoga is known as ‘skill in action’, and certainly physical mastery is one of the results.
Inverted postures (such as shoulderstand and headstand) reverse the effect of gravity on the blood flow in the body, bringing
(6) much needed nutrition and energy to parts of the body that may lack them, rejuvenating the upper regions – heart, throat, and brain.The heart is especially benefited by these inverted postures due to the effect known as Starling LAW, which states that the more the heart muscle stretches, the more it in turn contracts. The large volume of blood entering the heart (carried freely by gravity from the legs, pelvis, and abdomen) stretches it greatly so that it then contracts strongly, and is given wonderful exercise; without any stress on the nervous system and knees, which other more aerobic cardiovascular exercise is guilty of.Heart disease, formerly thought to be irreversible, has been demonstrated to be not only reversible but also cure-able with the help of yoga. I mentioned hormones above. Most people don’t realize how important the endocrine system (system of glands which produce hormones to regulate many of the functions of our organism) is: it is responsible for our moods. That’s why we sometimes put unpredictable behavior down to someone being ‘hormonal’!In short, when you practice yoga, the endocrine system is balanced, toned, and stimulated, so that
(7) the correct levels of specific hormones are produced: to dissipate stress, and induce relaxation.
Yoga also brings our attention to any issues that we have – physical and emotional. It’s very hard to do a full yoga class and not notice tension in the body, or anger in the heart. The nature of these postures is that they
(8) bring problems, weaknesses, and stress to our attention. By way of example: if you have a weakness in your knee, which may well go unnoticed until you run for the bus and damage the joint, practicing yoga will undoubtedly bring the problem to your attention. You will then have to adapt your practice to accommodate the injury, and soon you will find that the problem is gone, as the postures soothe, stretch, and strengthen the ligaments, muscles, tendons, and tissues around the problem.
Practicing the physical aspects of yoga brings clarity, focus, and balance to the mind. Asana practice is really meditation too. It brings us mindfully into the present moment, with ease and grace, so that
(9)magic happnens: our body and mind integrate again. While most people think of themselves as a mind and a body; or perhaps a mind in a body; the truth is that the mind and body are one. There really is no separation between the two: they are like two sides of the same coin.The reality is that human beings are pure consciousness, pure vibrational energy. The body is a dense manifestation of that consciousness. The mind is a subtle manifestation of that consciousness. Both are essentially pure consciousness. So what happens when we practice asana is that in some kind of magical way, perhaps as a result of the cumulative effect of all the above points together, we suddenly feel ourselves more integrated; more comfortable ‘in our own skin’.
WHY DO I DO YOGA?
I remember how I felt after the first YOGA class.... I felt this overwhelimg feeling of ecstasy similiar to the one you might have after taking recreational drugs or alcohol. My vision was sharp; my body felt sooo light , my thoughts were crystal clear and at the same time I felt calm and grounded ....this massive joy bubbling up and taking over me…As I walked home through the streets of London everything around me seemed to be so beautiful and I felt infinite compassion towards each person passing me - of course I more. With time my yoga practice become like a addiction. However the source was not something external – a drug, alcohol or partying – it was something inside of me. YOGA offers a lot of promise - it enables you to connect with the very essence of your being- its like the biggest promise you can have.....it opens your heart...
SEE YOU ON THE MAT!
13,072 Get Out Of Londoners
7,212 Gentle Walkers
23,618 Weekend Fillers
1,766 conscious co-creators