This bootcamp session will be super special! We are gonna do a full Node.js tutorial. During this session you will go from "I heard about this Node thing" to "Node Guru". Well, maybe not quite Guru status but you'll have built your very first app.
During the day you will:
* Learn how setup and install Node.js
* Quickly learn how to use Git & Github
* Learn how to install npm, get a quick run through of modules & node_modules, learn about how to manage module dependencies with git & package.json files
* Get an intro to framework-less Node.js coding and the Node.js API
* Get an overview of some of the frameworks out there.
* Work through building a sample app using express and some database (probably MongoDB). This will include best practices, unit testing, and deployment.
* Then maybe poke around with some modules if there is time permitting.
Also we will do a pizza group-buy for lunch so bring $10 if you would like to be in on that. Otherwise feel free to bring your own lunch.