Please read description carefully!
It is a steep hike, rather than a scramble, which can be done in winters too, if you are good with significant elevation gain.
Time: ~3-4 hours
Elevation gain: 700m, Distance: ~6km
Difficulty rating: Steep hiking
Please see the link for the directions to the trailhead and other details http://hikealberta.com/hike/ha-ling-peak
What to bring:
· Microspikes/in step Crampons/cleats/Yak Trax (Mandatory)·.
· Appropriate winter hiking clothing (Shell jacket, snowpants/waterpoof pants, gloves, toque, appropriate layers, extra layer for summit, extra pair of socks. NO COTTON please!). Please be prepared for extreme weather conditions on the mountains (You can never bring too much)!
· Ski/hiking poles or mountaineering axe
· Sturdy hiking/winter boots
· Snowshoes (if you have) for breaking the trail
· Sunglasses and/or ski goggles
· Thermos flask and/or water bottle (1 - 2 Liters). Please bring some hot drink with you in a thermos bottle.
· Personal 1st-Aid Kit
· Gaiters (recommended)
· Head Lamp
· Enough food for the trip.
· Hand warmers (optional)
Please change your RSVP if you cannot attend.
The event could be moved to another day if extreme weather conditions exist.
CARPOOL: People with cars, please make a comment below so that people who need a ride can contact you. And please contribute money towards gas to your driver
*Note: You will be required to sign a waiver before the trip starts. Organizer is not a guide, please do your own preparation as well. By signing up for this meetup, you agree that there are risks associated with the aforementioned activity, and you will in no way hold the organizer or this meetup group responsible for any accident or injury that may occur.