Young Adults Message Board › Suggestions for Future Gathering

Suggestions for Future Gathering

Steve
user 21205271
Calgary, AB
Post #: 1
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Do you have a suggestion or idea for a future gathering but don’t think anyone will show up?

Post it below and see the feed back
Jeff
user 23191651
Calgary, AB
I've been inspired/I'm totally ripping off of the appetizer and candy events.

1. Tea sampling. Each person brings their favorite tea for everyone else to try. Would prefer someone to host though. Tea houses are pricey, lacking in seats, and don't always have the best selection.

2. Alcohol. It would be best to separate this into just beer or wine.

Allie Groeneveld
user 35690622
Calgary, AB
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
I'd be up for a wine tasting.
Sheena
user 12467336
Calgary, AB
I'd be up for a wine tasting.

i'd also like to do a wine tasting... i know willow park and a few other liquor stores do them on a regular basis (the cost varies) or we could do something where everyone brings a bottle of wine to someones house and we try a bunch...
James Blackmer
user 12200658
Calgary, AB
I play sports a lot with the sport and social club, they have a number of fun tournaments over the year, and I know there are a couple beach volleyball ones. I would like to be able to put together a team for the volleyball tournaments and any others that sound fun, if there is enough interest it should be a lot of fun. Also, you don't have to be good, there are rec divisions, you just need have fun and enjoy beer, or whatever your poison of choice is, and sun.

I will try and keep this updated once firm dates are posted.

On that note, while it is a couple months away, it is almost time for registration for summer leagues too. I will be in a beach league almost certainly and possibly other sports as well, so if you are looking to join a team or help form one let me know.
Trevor
user 9625804
Calgary, AB
Post #: 14
Music, music, music.
There are tons of life bands and shows in this city. Even if its just an open mic at a pub.
Lets get all cultured up and crap.
Loma
user 39787242
Calgary, AB
I know this is early, but how about a float on the bow in July. We can end the night with A bbq. If you need a backyard, I can offer my place.
A former member
So I was googling festivals in Calgary...and came across this...but I have no idea when or where...has anyone heard of this going on for 2012?

Premier Tequila tasting event is now in Calgary!

Tequila and More Spirits and Cocktails Show will take place at the Metropolitan Centre! Canada’s largest Tequila Tasting will offer you Mexico’s top Tequilas, Mezcales, Mexican beer, vine, authentic Latin food.
Join us for the night of entertainment and enjoy Live Music, Mixology demonstrations, Tutored Tastings and more!
Steen
user 58918952
Calgary, AB
Post #: 2
Wine tasting sounds delicious! smile

What about meeting at Cora's Breakfast & Lunch? Either SE or SW

They have amazing breakfast! YUM!!
A former member
What about karaoke? If going to a bar is too much of a hassle, I have my own karaoke machin. It's very easy to setup!