addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Young Adults Message Board › liability

liability

A former member
Post #: 9
basically I'm hosting this meetup group to allow people to get together. I don't take a particularly active role in meetups so it's left to the members to organize. I want to leave the group open to the interests of it's members so I don't particularly moderate what events can be organized. I realize my interests are not the same as many of the members, nor are a lot of the members with eachother. Basically you can organize an event to get blackout drunk or go to a shooting range if you want. I'm not stopping you. The thing is however, that I'm not here to tell you what to do as you're all (hopefully) adults. It's up to you to decide what's safe to do and what's not. I don't vouch for any person who is part of this meetup group. I will certainly consider banning people that have crossed a line, which I have done in one instance so far. However I will also not ban someone or stop a meetup because say it involves gambling and one member has a problem with that.

Ultimately it comes down to is a member respecting other members and their views and personal space and such. If that's not happening and can't be resolved by the members in conflict, please let me know and I'll try to mediate or ban someone that's gone too far.

As far as safety of events... I leave that for the members to take responsibility for themselves. If you're doing something like hang gliding or tubing down a river, it's for you to decide the risks of that. I always advocate care when meeting new people and to try and stay in groups just to be safe. However if you want to take off with someone you just met at a meetup on your own I can't stop you and you are on your own. Generally though as with most of the population, most people are pretty good. However there is bound to be the case where an unstable or disturbed person joins up. I'd rather hear about this earlier than later so at least I can attempt to make sure an unsafe person is removed from the group and try to keep things relatively safe. However try to look out for each other in any case as there's always strength in numbers. I've seen this happen in a few instances and it brings me relief to know people are catching on when they need to support other members of the group in iffy situations.

I've had conflicts with members from time to time as well too and sometimes it just boils down to a misunderstanding or difference of opinion so try to deal with these types of conflict by discussing between yourselves in a mutually respectful manner when you can.

Anyway, don't sue me. But most of all look out for yourselves out there. Thanks.