Young Adults Message Board › Singles Mingle Important Notice

Singles Mingle Important Notice

A former member
Post #: 19
So.......To start I want to thank everyone that did come out to the Singles Mingle and all you can eat crab Meetup up, the Crab was awesome, the ribs were tasty, and karaoke after was a lot of fun. If you did attend please send me an email so I can record those who did.

However.......There was over 50% no shows.......I understand life happens and sometimes you can't attend last minute, but when 28 people no show that's intensive. I thank the couple people who changed their RSVPs to no at 7 pm.

Luckily for me Booker's wasn't as busy as they normally are and were nice enough to just free up the unused tables and not charge for the no shows.

Please remember when you RSVP for a Restaurant meetup that there can be serious consequences for standing up a reservation. We had nothing to worry about this time but I have seen other organizers get hit with the cancellation bill.

If you don't respect your Meetup organizers enough to give 24 hours notice please be respectful to the owners of the establishments we are using. They lose profit when we have no shows on a reservation because they have to chase out paying customers to open the seat for you and can't give those seats away to another paying customer.

No shows are serious to most Meetup groups and are usually tracked.