Ready to sweat? Core Power Yoga 1 is ideal for anyone new to yoga and interested in its benefits. This is a beginner's level core power yoga sequence that will help you build strength, increase flexibility and find focus. Core power yoga is challenging and dynamic vinyasa series meaning breath is linked to movement.
This level 1 class is practiced in a warm (room temp) studio, moderately paced so you will learn the fundamental core power yoga postures and principles that create a successful and effective yoga practice. Set to music, this class will invigorate your entire body.
What to BRING:
1. Yoga Mat (if you have one)
2. Water Bottle
1. ARRIVE EARLY - Fill out a waiver form, use the bathroom, and put away your stuff.
2. WEAR CLOTHES THAT FIT – Clothes that you would use for running work great. Women should wear a tight-fitting top so that when you are in an inversion (like Downward Facing Dog), your top doesn't come down over your head.
3. DEODORIZE - You will armpits will be exposed for most of class and it’s almost guaranteed that your feet will be near someone’s face. So please wash your feet and put on some deodorant.
4. BRING YOURSELF - Leave your footwear by the bathroom. Leave your purse, cellphone, and other items in your car. You should only be bringing in a mat, water bottle, towel, and yourself.
5. KEEP IT DOWN – Once in the studio, keep you voice down and be mindful of others. Many people use yoga to relax and de-stress. Please be mindful and don’t ruin it for them by chit chatting loudly.
6. HONOR YOUR BODY – Not everyone is the same. You might not be able to do all of the poses. Do you what you can. If it hurts or is uncomfortable, then back off or stop doing the pose altogether. It’s okay. No one’s judging you. Also, if you have any injuries, please let the instructor know before class starts.
7. ENJOY IT - Yoga is a great way to strengthen your body and relax your mind. This will be a wonderful experience that will have you feeling great when you are done!