Who here loves METAL? I'm talking bone-crushing, soul-destroying, ear-drum-shattering, good-ol' fashion METAL? Well come October, we're heading to....
At San Manuel Amphitheater this coming Fall Season, we're gonna catch an AMAZING lineup of hard-hitting metal bands (hard rock, death metal, metalcore, you name it!!!). It's bound to blow your mind and obliterate you completely!
On top of enjoying excellent music all day, there will be many a devilish and delightful attraction for all at The Evil Carnival!!! (click HERE for a full map) Those attractions include:
• The Slipknot Museum - Memorabilia and other artifacts from Slipknots long and brutal career.
(I don't know why NIN's "The Downward Spiral" vinyl record is in the case...so don't ask...)
• Fire Area - Just a bunch of structures and other objects engulfed in fire. I love fire, so if you do too, this is gonna be AWESOME to watch as it BURNS!!!!
• Thunderdome - Just like from the Mad Max movies, basically an Octagon with a jungle gym canopy, that will allow viewers to climb up and watch the fight from overhead. How ridiculously rad is that?
• Costumed Performance Artists - Pagan costumes, fire breathers/eaters, sword swallowers...
• Ziplines - Not directly specified, but most likely through FIRE...
• The Ring of Fire Carnival Ride - Carnival Rides scare me...I don't know what to make of this one...
• Goat Petting Zoo - For the kiddies!!!
• Tattoo Parlor - If you've been waiting for that first tattoo, here's a great place to get it!!! You'll be in excellent company as 99.9% of the population there will already have tattoos!!!
• Carnival Games - Flaming Carnival that is....all of them will be either spitting fire or engulfed in fire or something...just think of all those awesome carnival games you've seen at amusement parks, except on fire...
• Concert lineup starts at 11am, but we'll need to meet up somewhere for carpooling by 8:30am to avoid traffic and get good parking
• Buy your tickets HERE: http://www.knotfest.com/saturday/
Click the big image that says "Buy Tickets"!!!
Get them for Saturday October 25th. Get whatever tickets you want ($25 per ticket for Lawn Seating, Early Bird Special!!!). The lineup is much better for Saturday IMHO, but that doesn't really matter if you're a Slipknot fan like me as they are headlining BOTH Saturday AND Sunday. If you wanna hang with the group, buy for Saturday. But if you prefer Sunday, by all means go Sunday!!! w00t!!! GET TICKETS SOON before the Early Bird Special runs out!!!
• Carpools: There's gonna be a charge for parking so the more people group up in cars the better. We will work out details of that as the time draws closer
• Plan to be there most or all of the day. That means bring lots of water, light snacks, etc. (the venue may not allow food from outside so keep that in mind)
Bring CASH to buy food or any souvenirs you may want (like an AWESOME KNOTFEST 2014 T-SHIRT?!?!)
*********Disclaimer - PLEASE READ*********
1. Myself, any Organizer associated to this Meetup group, nor Meetup.com will be responsible for your safety or any loss of property incurred at this event or venue. Please keep in mind you are responsible for your own safety and well-being at all times during the event.
2. For the hearing sensitive, please bring noise cancelling earplugs or some other type of hearing protection. It will probably get loud.
3. There will be A LOT of objects on fire. Please be very mindful of this and do not come into direct contact with anything that's on fire.
4. If you are the highly devout, God-Fearing type, or if you get easily offended, THIS EVENT MAY NOT BE FOR YOU. You can definitely RSVP and join in the fun of course!!! But just be warned, you will most likely not like anything you hear or see...
If I haven't scared you off, then hopefully we'll see you there!!!
>=^D> \m/ (>_<) \m/ (6)