The OC Young, Fun and Nerdy Meetup Message Board › About The Big Bang Theory Marathon Party Idea

About The Big Bang Theory Marathon Party Idea

James
user 10026463
Irvine, CA
Post #: 11
I'm willing to host in our theatre - max participants is limited to 25 due to fire code.

Do you want me to host? (Irvine, near I-405 and Jamboree)

Are we starting from Season 1?

Is the idea to do a few of these meetups or try to watch all the seasons in one sitting? [One season per sitting is easier to fit into peoples' schedules, IMO]

Does anyone own the DVDs?
A former member
Post #: 1
I have the first 2 seasons on DVD!! I'm down to hang out in Irvine - I'm kidn of busy the next few weekends - depends on when we want to do this.
John
user 10401756
Cerritos, CA
Post #: 58
Let's do this! Saturdays are best f/ me...
A former member
Post #: 1
YES!!! I'm so excited!

Thanks for offering to host, James! You... have a theatre? I live in Irvine, so it'd be perfect para mi. Also, I agree - one season per event seems more manageable. Obviously, this calls for a weekend only scheduling.

I was going to purchase all the seasons for this event (they're keepers anyway), but since you already have them Piya, that's fabulous.

I was going to suggest potluck but if it's a theatre... not so conducive to festivities of that sort.

Hope to meet you all soon!
James
user 10026463
Irvine, CA
Post #: 12
Let's do this! Saturdays are best f/ me...

I'll set it for Saturdays. Given the length of time it will take, I'm going to propose Saturday afternoon with a cook-out and into the evening. That means we'll be charged a $15 theater rental fee. I'll cover the fee as long as enough people show up to pitch in for a decent cookout. biggrin

The grills and picnic tables are REAL close to the theater (and poolside).
A former member
Post #: 3
This is a great idea, I'd be more than happy to bring cash or groceries for a cookout.
Jen
user 5091079
Orange, CA
Post #: 10
Love this idea! I've been wanting to watch this show after I caught a one-off episode with Wil Wheaton this fall. (He's going to be back again -- playing evil Wil Wheaton -- this spring.)

I always want to watch episodes in order from the beginning, I'm a stickler for that!
A former member
Post #: 10
I LOVE that show!!! Depending on when it is I am so there!!!
A former member
Post #: 2
Hey -

If we're counting on my DVDs I'm out of town this weekend for work and I've got a trip planned the weekend of March 19 - 22.

Other than that, things are looking clear if we want to pick another Saturday.

Piya
James
user 10026463
Irvine, CA
Post #: 14
Okay, if I can set this up for 3/13 (assuming the theatre is available), is that sufficient advance notice. If not, we need to plan the meetup for 4/10. Here's something to keep in mind - Daylight Savings Time (PDT) begins 3/14. If we have the meetup after PDT begins, we'll have a warmer evening for a cookout.

I'm going to propose we plan to start at 4, watch a couple of episodes, collect some cash to make a grocery run (or place a pizza order), have an intermission to eat, then go back in. I would honestly prefer to assign everyone to bring something, but No-Shows seem to be an issue on meetup and I want to avoid the hassle.

Let me know your preference and I'll make it so.