The OC Young, Fun and Nerdy Meetup Message Board › Iron Man 2...but in IMAX, yea or nay...what say you?

Iron Man 2...but in IMAX, yea or nay...what say you?

John
user 10401756
Cerritos, CA
Post #: 60
The new Iron Man movie, with a release date of May 7, will be shown in IMAX theaters as well as in the regular format. Thing is, not one second of it was filmed in IMAX format. Instead, the film will be digitally remastered. Is this something you're willing to shell out the cash to see? Undoubtedly it will have been shot at the very least in HD...but how will that translate to a huge IMAX screen?

http://www.slashfilm....­

Stay tuned for the meetup, soon to be scheduled. Whether or not it will be at an IMAX theater is yet to be determined...
James
user 10026463
Irvine, CA
Post #: 16
The new Iron Man movie, with a release date of May 7, will be shown in IMAX theaters as well as in the regular format. Thing is, not one second of it was filmed in IMAX format. Instead, the film will be digitally remastered. Is this something you're willing to shell out the cash to see? Undoubtedly it will have been shot at the very least in HD...but how will that translate to a huge IMAX screen?

http://www.slashfilm....­

Stay tuned for the meetup, soon to be scheduled. Whether or not it will be at an IMAX theater is yet to be determined...

Yea!

Garden Walk's IMAX screen is a so-called MiniIMAX, so it's not the gargantuan screen typical of IMAX theatres, but it's still larger than a regular screen. The BIG reason to go IMAX however, is the IMAX audio systems are higher wattage surround systems tuned to IMAX specs. Projectors in IMAX theaters are also calibrated to IMAX's standard. Compare that to watching at The Spectrum, with their shoddy sound system (non-IMAX, I mean) and it's worth every penny (to this audiophile).
A former member
Post #: 339
nay.
i get dizzy in IMAX, i rather watch it regular.
or i can wait til it goes to the $2.00 theater.