The OC Young, Fun and Nerdy Meetup Message Board › Open Forum!

Open Forum! Breakfast, lunch, or dinner...and discussion on the topics of your choice...

John
user 10401756
Cerritos, CA
Post #: 78
After the experiences from a few meetup dinners, and having spoken with a few of you folks already, I thought that I'd perhaps extend an opportunity to the group for more focused, fun, and perhaps even lively discussion and debate! A few of you seem to be really passionate or perhaps even just curious about certain topics, and I for one am down to learn from any and all of you. The Nerd Way is, as I've come to realize, open to any and all interests...from comics to astrophysics to politics.

The way I figure we'll do this is... Post a topic for discussion in the IDEAS section of our meetup group.

http://www.meetup.com...­

If it gets enough hits, it may get included in the next Forum event. Venues for these discussions will probably be at restaurants w/ free WiFi...as we may need to do on-the-fly research... My thinking is that with all the intellectual horsepower in this group, we just might come up w/ some pretty wild & crazy ideas. At the least, it'll be great way to spend a couple of hours just horsing around. At best...well...maybe coming up with alternate means of continuing America's space program...or fixing California's budget woes...or figuring out just why Han Solo is so damn cool! Sky's the limit, folks. Philosophy, sports, medicine, art, music, film...you name it. Yes...even New Moon (gulp).

Here's your chance to let your real nerd hang out...