The OC Young, Fun and Nerdy Meetup Message Board › Day trip to Catalina

Day trip to Catalina

John
user 10401756
Cerritos, CA
Post #: 134
Renuka is hard core. She is my new hero. Don't be wimps...
A former member
Post #: 35
I will be impressed when i see her eating bugs and weeds, starting fires with her bare hands, and taming a wild boar. Till then, she's just one of us.
Renuka
meet_renuka
Cerritos, CA
Post #: 8
Thats why i mentioned the cabin/hostels.. they have mattresses & bathrooms & showers.. and I believe hot water.. biggrin
John
user 10401756
Cerritos, CA
Post #: 136
You tell him, Renuka. Joe can sleep in the room & have all the hot baths he wants.

So, um...how do you keep your hands from calusing when you start those fires? Hurts at first, huh? I'll key you in on a little secret... After you burn off the nerve endings on your fingertips & palms, it's not so bad anymore.

Don't be wimps
John
user 10401756
Cerritos, CA
Post #: 139
Sorry James. Needed a bit of a buffer between the Getty trip & Catalina. Would have liked it to be a week later than the 23rd, but that would be Halloween wkend.

A bit ambitious, but then again, so were the Apollo missions...
Cathleen C
user 10136574
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 45

Just an FYI guys and gals. The Catalina Flyer may be shut down from Sept to Feb. So plan accordingly on a different boat. Here's the article.

http://www.ocregister...­

Cathleen
John
user 10401756
Cerritos, CA
Post #: 142
I actually cancelled the tentative Catalina trip for October. It would be too cold. Perhaps we can revisit this in March or April once things warm up again.

Thanks for the heads up though.