user 10401756
Cerritos, CA
Post #: 98
We had loads of fun at the last tennis meetup! With all the interest from old and new hands alike, there will most certainly be another (if not regular) meetups like this in the future. There was some talk of holding some tennis clinics, in which we focus on certain skills...perhaps some basics for the beginners among us. The goal here, apart from the requisite juicy awesomeness, is for all participants to improve their skills through focused skills practice and competitive game play. We can break up into groups, depending on skill level. Some of the more experienced, feel free to offer some tutor time. If interested, do chime in!

Do check out the videos below. Basics are essential!

This one cuz it's funny.­

This one cuz I just happened to stumble upon it, and it's just too cool.­

user 4192193
Fountain Valley, CA
Post #: 15
I want to play tennis except I don't have a racket or balls.
user 10401756
Cerritos, CA
Post #: 99
No worries Shawna. There are a few who have multiple racquets...& between all the people who show up, there are always plenty of balls.
user 12249627
Newport Beach, CA
Post #: 2
So when is the next one scheduled John? Hopefully some place with enough courts to play :)
user 10401756
Cerritos, CA
Post #: 104
The only place I know of is Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley. I think it's $8 per court per hour though. Any suggestions on a location?
A former member
Post #: 2
I'm guessing that during the summer, courts at local colleges will probably be more available, and free. Anyone know the local colleges?
Tustin, CA
Post #: 7
I know that there are a bunch of places in Irvine with tennis courts. Check out this pdf.

I have been to Heritage Park (12 courts) once and it was jam packed w/ 6 courts closed due to maintenance.

I have also been to Lower Peters Canyon Park (8 courts) and have been able to find at least 1 or 2 courts no problem during the week (about 6p).

There is a small park with 2 courts on Harvard & Main Street that I go to and both courts are typically open at about 6p.

I think 6p is generally a good time to try and get on the courts. Next tennis meet up we should have 2-3 pairs of people designated to show up early to warm up and hog the courts.