The OC Young, Fun and Nerdy Meetup Message Board › Need help from fellow IT nerds...

Need help from fellow IT nerds...

Fiona
fortylove.fst
Tustin, CA
Post #: 8
I have a blog w/ WordPress hosted on my own server.

I have been hacked in the past (hackers destroyed my site linking it instead to some anti-american BS) and have since taken security measures to protect my site. However, the hackers are still getting into mySQL database somehow and they change my username/email/password for the admin account.

Do you know how I can protect it & keep this problem from happening again in the future?

I know that I am supposed to change the table prefix, but I have no idea how to do that w/o screwing up my site. Please help!
John
user 10401756
Cerritos, CA
Post #: 149
Fiona. Devlin is the resident IT security expert. I'd hit him up this Sunday at tennis, or email him directly...
Devlin
Devlin42
Fullerton, CA
Post #: 2
Yah there's some stuff you can do. Basically: update it, then lock it down. Aside from that, the effort gets pretty heavy.
Aaron
user 8036427
Huntington Beach, CA
Post #: 185
Also to see if they added other user accounts that they are using to regain access whenever you change the admin login.
Assume they have compromised the whole server and check and patch the OS and webserver as well.
Cathleen C
user 10136574
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 58

Fiona,

You can hire someone to fix it for you for fairly cheap. I would list at a flat rate and see what offers you get. Here is one place to do that that many of us use.

http://www.odesk.com/...­

Cathleen