YNA recently bought a spa / fitness center in Fords, NJ, and we are proud to host the first co-ed Nude Spa Sunday on May 4th, 2014!
Starting in May, Nude Spa days will take place every Sunday from 2pm to 9pm at Terlam Women's Wellness. This is when Terlam opens its doors to naturists to enjoy the facilities and socialize in a nude spa environment.
Nudies will have access to all the facilities which include a pool (now with water volleyball!), whirlpool and sauna. You can also exercise naked in a fully equipped gym with treadmills, ellipticals, and more. We are working on getting a regular yoga class every Sunday as well as other fitness classes and workshops.
There is a locker room to change and store belongings. Bring your own lock if you want to lock up your valuables. Otherwise, please leave valuables in your car.
What to Bring
Towel, flip-flops (or go barefoot), sneakers for exercising, a lock if you want to lock up valuables, and water bottle.
Driving: Terlam is about a 40-50 minute drive from NYC. (It's also a convenient stop on the way to and from Gunnison Beach!)
Public transportation: The closest stop is MetroPark, served by both Amtrak and NJ Transit (the cheaper option). By train, the spa is 30-45 minutes away Manhattan and 1 hour from Philadelphia. There is a taxi line at the station that can take you the rest of the way. The spa is a 5-10 minute drive from this station (~2 miles away. Cab ride costs around $8).
Food / Beverages
For those looking to dine in the area, there are several restaurants located in the same strip mall as Terlam - a pizza place, Chinese restaurant and Italian deli. There are also many other restaurants nearby. Food and beverages must be kept out of the pool, whirlpool and sauna. Alcoholic beverages will not be permitted.
The following is an outline of Naked Sunday single-visit prices. Visit the event page for complete pricing with discount package deals! : http://youngnaturistsamerica.com/events/yna-nude-spa-sundays-terlam/
If you are interested in becoming a member of YNA: http://youngnaturistsamerica.com/naturist-membership/
Everyone will pay at the door upon arrival. We accept cash, credit cards and checks. Tickets and packages will eventually be for sale online.
YNA Members Age 29 and under or Anyone age 25 and under = $25
YNA Members age 30 and up = $30
Non-Members = $35
[UPDATE]: NJ sales tax is now included in the above prices!
Children 18 and under are free. Kids under age 15 must be accompanied by an adult who is over 21.
Rules / Etiquette
- Nudity is mandatory while using the pool, hot tub and sauna.
- Always bring a towel or some other textile to sit on - never sit on anything while nude!
- No Overt Sexual Behavior - While holding hands, kissing and other forms of showing affection are perfectly fine, overt sexual activity is unacceptable
- No Gawking - There is nothing wrong with looking. Just don’t gawk or stare!
- Touching - As long as it is innocent and not sexual – you should be fine. That said, don’t go around hugging strangers. Respect people’s personal space and never make unwanted advances.
- No obnoxious or loud behavior is allowed.
- Kids under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult (who is 21 or older)
- No food or drinks allowed in the pool, hot tub or sauna.
- No running or diving allowed.
- No photography allowed - holster your phones and leave the camera at home.
- Nudity is expected / allowed while inside the premises ONLY. Under no circumstances are people allowed to exit the facility while nude.
- Clean up after yourself and if you see garbage that is not yours, please be kind enough to throw it away.
- If at any time, someone behaves in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable you MUST report it to the organizers right away. The statute of limitations for reporting unwelcome behavior is the end of the event. We will not deal with or address behavior etiquette that is reported a day, week or month after the event.
- We can't see everything or be everywhere at once. This is a community and as such, if you see something, you are obligated to say something and the sooner the better.
- Treat all equipment with respect. If you break something, you will be expected to pay for the damages.
- The above are general rules, but they can never encompass every single scenario. So use common sense and if you are unsure about something then please ask. We are here to make sure EVERYONE has a nice and respectful time.
If you are new to naked events / naturism, you can also check out our event FAQs: http://youngnaturistsamerica.com/nude-party-naked-parties/
For more info about Terlam, visit http://www.terlam.com/ (Keep in mind that there won't be any info about Nude Sundays on the Terlam website. All info will be posted on the YNA site.)