Calling all animal lovers...come join me to love on the homeless animals at OHS! This is a scheduled group event so they will be expecting us.
We will have a 45 minute training/tour that includes information on the shelter and animal handling skills. This is followed by 45 minutes of visiting time with the dogs in their outside yards (bring a coat if the weather is not good) and 30 minutes of visiting time in colony rooms with the cats.
Important details (from OHS):
- Our visit starts promptly at 10:00AM. Please arrive before this time, as we can not wait for anyone running late. We all have to sign a waiver release form as well.
- We are asked to park on 11th Ave. which is located on the west side of the facility and is adjacent to OHS. NOT in the main parking lot.
- For the safety reasons, all participants must wear long pants and non-slip, closed toed shoes (tennis shoes, boots, etc.) when volunteering at the shelter. Those not dressed appropriately cannot participate. Also, they have very jumpy dogs that may soil your clothing. Please choose your attire accordingly.
- Hanging jewelry is not allowed and facial piercing must be removed or covered with a band-aid.
- Due to the nature of the work, all volunteers must be able to squat, stand, bend, lift and twist for long periods of time.
- Please leave valuables at home or locked in the trunk of your car. The shelter does not have a secure location to store valuables.