addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Save this Meetup!

This Meetup no longer has an Organizer.
Without an Organizer, it will disappear from our website in 5 day(s).

You can join this Meetup and become the Organizer.

Young and New to the Cities Message Board › indie music?

indie music?

Lisa W.
user 20471061
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
Hi,
I just wanted to throw a question out there for everyone. I've just realized that First Avenue in Minneapolis is a great place to go for live music. I like a lot of indie or indie-sounding types of bands and just wondered if anyone else does too? I see Lykke Li and Beirut are coming up and think that they would be great to see!
Eric
user 8370126
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 5
I would definitely be up for seeing a show. The Beirut show actually came up in my list of recommended events on last.fm. But, the event that I'm most looking forward to is the Vita.mn Vth Anniversary at Club Epic, because The Hold Steady is headlining. They are my favorite local band, mainly because they are what I started listening to continuously when I found out I was moving here. So, I've listened to all of their CDs a million times, but haven't had a chance to see them live yet.